When considering CSE advertising, it is important to understand that it is an advertising medium rooted in data. The titles, descriptions and other data elements in the feed sent to CSE providers will be displayed for consumers as contained within the feed. Ensuring the high quality of that information is not only significant, it is critical to success.
- Accuracy: Does the data provided for each product contain the correct price, image, product link, etc.?
- Organization: Is the data in the feed organized in a manner that makes it easy for consumers to find?
- Descriptiveness: Does the data extensively describe the products and include all the necessary keywords to ensure the products will appear in search results on CSEs?
- Completeness: Are the requested, but not required, fields in the provider feed being maximized and is the consumer getting all the information they need to determine if they are seriously interested in the products?
- User friendliness: Are the titles readable and are the product images clear and of high resolution?
Maximizing these points is the first step to succeeding in marketing your products on Comparison Shopping Engines.