Encourage Webstore buyers to make additional purchases by displaying recommended products during Checkout. The products that you enable as upsell items will appear to buyers on during Checkout, allowing them to immediately add more items to their order. Using this functionality in Checkout can help to increase revenue to your business with very little setup effort.
You can configure your account to display recommended products specific to each item (Upsells), by Classification, or at an account level. Using the Webstores > Checkout > Add to Order setting you can:
- Enable thumbnail images for upsell items
- Enable inventory recommendations for items purchased through Checkout
- Specify up to 4 Upsell items to appear if no other upsell items are assigned
- Enable Open Auction recommendations (eBay) based on historical item popularity and classification ranking.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
How to Customize the ChannelAdvisor Add To Order
- Select Webstores > Checkout > Add To Order.
- In the Add to Order view, complete the following fields:
- Enable Thumbnail Support (Highly Recommended) - Use thumbnail images for both the auction recommender and the inventory recommender to greatly enhance the effectiveness of your product recommendations. When enabled, an image will display for any item recommended using inventory or auction recommendations. The thumbnail is created using the item IMAGE URL 1 field for the recommended inventory item. You can change this default using Inventory > Images > Image Hosting page.
- Enable Inventory Recommendations - Use this global setting to increase sales by displaying products directly from inventory at the beginning of the checkout process.
- Upsell Items - The seller can specify up to 4 items that can be offered on any Checkout if the item that a buyer has purchased does not have specific Item Upsell recommendations configured. If upsell items are defined at the inventory item level or the classification level, they will override the global upsell items defined here.
- Enable Auction Recommendations- The Auction Recommendation feature helps to increase sales by displaying related 'Open Auction' product that is still available in the marketplace at the time a buyer has completed the ChannelAdvisor Checkout. This feature analyzes the historical buying patterns for an item to provide a popularity-based set of product recommendations available for immediate purchase by the buyer. When enabled, the auction recommender displays at the end of the checkout process.
- Configure Classification Ranking - This setting allows the user to specify items from a related class to be displayed in Checkout. For example, if a buyer purchases an item in the Camera classification, items from the Accessories and Lenses classifications can be displayed.
- Click Save Changes.
Below are additional references relating to this task: