These steps will walk you through the setup process for entering your Amazon inventory. We recommend reviewing all the steps before beginning the process.
For a more detailed process overview, click here.
Before beginning the guided Amazon launch process, you will need to complete the following steps or be familiar with this information:
- Managing Inventory
- Creating Your Amazon Seller Central Account
- Review Amazon Categories that are Supported by ChannelAdvisor
- Review Category Specific Data that Amazon requires
Please view the steps of the Amazon Launch Services Guide for information on these topics as well as an overview of the process to sell on the Amazon Marketplace.
Getting Started with Amazon Launch Services - This video discusses beginning your Amazon implementation with Launch Services - View the Transcript of this Video
Amazon Launch Reminders This video details final reminders to keep in mind before officially launching on Amazon - View the Transcript of this Video
When setting up Amazon with ChannelAdvisor you have three options:
- Self-Guided Launch - Completed by yourself using the information found in this Setup Guide.
- Launch Assistance Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that allows for you to have a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training and assistance calls to help you get setup on Amazon quicker and easier. See Sales for more information about this service.
- Launch Plus Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that includes a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training, but also includes additional setup elements and assistance: the setup of your Amazon template, the assisted upload of products and help launching products to Amazon. See Sales for more information about this service.
Before listing your products on the Amazon Marketplace it is important to be aware of Amazon's listing requirements. Located within your Amazon Seller Central Account is an extensive series of documents that explain all of the different data requirements for products in all of the various Amazon categories. Familiarizing yourself with these pages and the documents located here is a fundamental step to listing successfully on Amazon.
View Listing Requirements for Amazon
Configure Marketplace Settings
Now that you have created your Amazon Pro Merchant Account, have reviewed Amazon's category requirements and have prepared your inventory according to these requirements, it is time to complete the Amazon Setup Guide. This guide will walk you through the initial setup process within the ChannelAdvisor application and will set the foundation for your account integration with Amazon.
View Detailed Info on Amazon Settings
List Your Products
Once you have completed the Setup Guide, you will need to map the Marketplace Template in ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Templates are used to define the product data that will be sent to the Marketplace. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the Marketplace and will allow you to specify what inventory information should be sent for each product listing.
View Details on Listing Your Products on Amazon
The backbone of ChannelAdvisor's integration with Marketplaces is our ability to regularly send and receive information on your behalf. We will update data and remove listings based on information you add to or remove from your ChannelAdvisor inventory.
- Assign the Marketplace Label
- Preview/Activate Feed
- Review Communication Frequency
More on Activating your Marketplace Integration
Please Note: When getting started, It is recommended to only add the label to a small subset of your inventory at first (About 20 SKUs). When you have successfully listed those items then you can continue adding the label to additional items. This practice allows you to more easily manage and troubelshoot any listing errors or other issues that may occur.
Manage Your Listings
Once you have activated your Amazon integration, you should begin seeing activity almost immediately. You may notice that some of your products have not listed properly or have not listed at all. It will be crucial that you consistently manage your Amazon account to monitor these issues. ChannelAdvisor provides you with a dashboard that assists you with this effort. The Amazon Product Overview page is a marketplace-specific dashboard that provides you with an overview of the current status of all your products assigned to Amazon. You can access this page via the menu from Marketplaces > Amazon > Products > Overview.
For details on managing your Amazon listings, click here.