These steps will walk you through the setup process for Rakuten.com Shopping (formerly Buy.com). We recommend reviewing all the steps before beginning the process.
- Create your Rakuten.com Shopping seller account - To create your account visit the Rakuten.com Shopping Marketplace Seller Tools page and follow the instuctions.
- Retrieve FTP Credentials - Before continuing the Rakuten.com Shopping setup in ChannelAdvisor, it is important that you have your Rakuten.com Shopping FTP Username and password. If you do not have your FTP credentials yet, please email the Rakuten.com Shopping integration team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request your FTP Username and password (this is a separate login from your Seller Tools account information from Step 1.
- Self-Guided Launch - Completed by yourself using the information found in this Setup Guide.
- Launch Assistance Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that allows for you to have a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training and assistance calls to help you get setup on Amazon quicker and easier. See Sales for more information about this service.
- Launch Plus Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that includes a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training, but also includes additional setup elements and assistance: the setup of your Amazon template, the assisted upload of products and help launching products to Amazon. See Sales for more information about this service.
In order to add new products to Rakuten.com Shopping's catalog to eventually be listed to the Rakuten.com Shopping Marketplace you will need to be aware of Rakuten.com Shopping's listing requirements. Located within Rakuten.com Shopping's Marketplace Seller Documents for New Product Feeds page is a list of category specific documents that outlines the data requirements to add products to the catalog. Familiarizing yourself with this venue and the documents located here is a fundamental step to listing successfully on Rakuten.com Shopping.
- Determine Your Rakuten.com Shopping Categories
- Review the Product Requirements
- Prepare Your Inventory
For more details, see Configuring your Inventory for Rakuten.com Shopping .
Configure Marketplace Settings
Complete the Rakuten.com Shopping Setup Guide. The ChannelAdvisor Setup Guide for Rakuten.com Shopping allows ChannelAdvisor to establish communication with the marketplace. It is important that each section of the guide is complete in order for ChannelAdvisor to efficiently send inventory and quantity allocation updates to Rakuten.com Shopping.
For more details, see Configuring your Rakuten.com Shopping Settings .
List Your Products
Once you have completed the Setup Guide you will need to map the Rakuten.com Shopping Template in ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Templates are used to define the product data that will be sent to the marketplace. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the Marketplace and will allow you to specify what inventory information should be sent for each product listing.
For more details, see Listing Your Products on Rakuten.com Shopping .
The backbone of ChannelAdvisor's integration with Marketplaces is our ability to regularly send and receive information on your behalf. We will update data and remove listings based on information you add to or remove from your ChannelAdvisor inventory. To start this process, you must activate the integration after completing the setup guide and mapping the Rakuten.com Shopping template.
For more details, see Activating your Marketplace Integration .
Manage Your Listings
Once you have activated your Rakuten.com Shopping integration you should begin seeing activity almost immediately. You may notice that some of your products have not listed properly or have not listed at all. It will be crucial that you consistently manage your Rakuten.com Shopping account to monitor these issues. ChannelAdvisor provides you with a dashboard that assists you with this effort. The Rakuten.com Shopping Product Overview page is a marketplace-specific dashboard that provides you with an overview of the current status of all your products assigned to Rakuten.com Shopping. You can access this page via the menu from Marketplaces > Rakuten.com Shopping > Products > Overview .
For more details, see Managing Your Rakuten.com Shopping Listings .