A checkout report contains all of the information collected in checkout for a buyer's purchase. The Accounting Reports view allows the seller to review reports of transactions by buyers. The configure Checkout Report settings page is used to manage who checkout fulfillment reports are sent to, and when they are run. The Configure Report Format Settings view allow the seller to establish report settings in the transaction processing module. These settings will be used to create the Checkout Reports.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
Tasks to Complete
Complete the following tasks:
- Configure Checkout Report Settings
- Configure Account Checkout Settings
How to Configure Checkout Report Settings
- Select Sales > Orders/Transactions > Checkout Report Settings.
- In the Configuration view complete the following fields in the Checkout Reports section:
- Send checkout report e-mails (Required) – Enter the e-mail address that is to receive the Checkout transaction report and notification when a Checkout Report is generated. An e-mail address must be used in this field. To send the Checkout Report e-mail to multiple users, add a string of user e-mail addresses separated by a comma. For example, 'Joe@MyCompany.com, Susy@MyCompany.com, Henry@MyCompany.com'
- Run checkout reports every (Required) – Select the frequency (in hours) at which this report is to be sent. A selection of 24 means that the report will be sent once every 24 hours. To receive a Checkout Report once a day, with all of the previous days sales included in the report, select the 24-hour setting. To increase the report frequency, select a lesser hour interval.
- Checkout reports will contain (Required) – Choose an option to determine the checkout information that is included in your reports. Checkout reports will contain all orders that have completed checkout, AND are in the following status:
- Payment has cleared, not yet shipped. (Recommended: “Ready to Ship” report).
- Payment has cleared any shipping status.
- Any payment status, any shipping status. (This is essentially a “Completed Checkout” report. Select this option if you collect credit card information to manually process.)
- Any payment status, not yet shipped. (This is essentially a “Ready to Ship” report. Select this option if you use PayPal or other types of automatic credit card processing method.)
- Include/Exclude Externally Fulfilled Items in Checkout Reports – Check this box to have products fulfilled by a third party, such as Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), included in checkout reports provided they meet the other report criteria.
- Automatically update transactions – Check this to automatically update the status of transactions in the All Sales View when a checkout report has been run. If this setting is enabled, the software automatically updates the status of all orders included in the Checkout Report to “Payment Cleared” and “Item Shipped.”
- Do not send a checkout report if no orders – An e-mail will be sent based on the frequency selected to run the report (above), even if the report contains no orders. To prevent e-mails if the report contains no order data, check this box.
NOTE: Leaving this box un-checked can result in you receiving several unneccesary e-mails to retrieve reports that contain no data.