Email Templates allow you to set up preformatted text that can be used to automate communication with buyers. You can use these templates for example in your eBay Settings > Buyer Management > Notifications.
Tasks to Complete
Complete the following tasks:
- In ChannelAdvisor, go to Sales > Settings > Sales Templates.
- From this view, you can:
- View a List of Default Email Templates
- Create a New Email Template
- Copy, Preview, or Edit an Existing Template
- Delete Email Templates
View Available Default Email Templates
There are several default email templates for the most common sales-related communication. You can use these, or edit them to your preference.
- Default Winning Bidder
- Default to Buyer after Refund Applied
- Default to Buyer after Completing Checkout
- Default Seller Leaves Feedback
- Default Request for Feedback
- Default Payment Received
- Default Order Partially Shipped
- Default Item Shipped – Use this template for your Trade Me Shipping Notifications.
- Default Disputed Transaction
- Default COP Checkout Reminder
How to Create a New Email Template
- At the top right of the page click on the Create New Template drop-down button.
- Select Email.
- Provide a Name. This will be used to locate the template in the Email Template list.
- From the Template drop-down menu, select a default existing template as a starting point. When the event associated with that template occurs, the text of the email template you create here will be sent to the buyer. You may optionally select to create a new template from scratch by selecting Blank Template from the drop-down menu.
- Provide a Subject line and message Body.
- HTML is not supported.
- You can use any supported ChannelAdvisor Template Tag. Click on the View Template Tags button on the upper left of the page to view a complete list of supported Template Tags.
- Click Save. Your new template can be seen in the Email Templates list.
How to Copy, Preview, or Edit an Existing Template
- To copy a template: from the Email Template List, click on the Copy icon (double pages) in front of the existing template. The new copy will appear in the Email Template list with Copy of affixed to the name of the original template.
- To preview a template: from the Email Template List, click on the Preview icon (magnifier) in front of the existing template. A new window opens with a preview of the email template.
- To edit an existing template: from the Email Template list, click on the hyperlink of the name of the template. Make edits to the Name, Subject, and Body as needed, and click Save and Exit to save your changes.
How to Delete an Email Template
- From the Email Template List, click on the Delete icon (bin) in front of the template you wish to delete.
- You'll be asked to confirm your delete request. Click OK.