ChannelAdvisor offers a simple way to export inventory to a text file that can be used offline. You can select all your inventory fields including custom attributes and shipping data or simply select a small number of fields like price and quantity. Your inventory data will export in a format that can be uploaded back into ChannelAdvisor.
You should be familiar with the following topic before continuing:
Exporting Data from the Inventory View
- Select Inventory > Products > All Products.
- Select the inventory items for which you would like to export data.
Select the Export button.
- To export only part of your inventory, filter your inventory list using the simple search or Filter by option or by selecting the checkbox for specific products.
- In the All Products - Beta page you can export all items if no specific SKUs are selected.
If you’ve select Custom export use the checkboxes to select the fields that will be exported for all of the selected records.
- Select Custom to choose the fields you want to export.
- Select Price and Quantity to export only these two fields for selected SKUs.
Click on the Export (x fields) button in the upper right.
- The default report format is now .xlxs (Excel) but sellers can select .txt.
- The default option (.xlsx) option will not split the file into multiple files if it will exceed the known limits of Excel (20,000 rows). The export will be contained in one file.
- Warning: The file may be very large and could exceed the known limits (20,000 rows in Mircosoft Excel) causing it to be un-openable. If the export file cannot be opened, please select the export option .txt.
- If you are not sharing accounts, then you should not select any of the Pooled fields for export. For shared accounts, the Quantity Total field is the total quantity across all accounts for that SKU.
We recently consolidated the Export Products page. Important changes to note:
- All available inventory fields are now on one export page.
- Our report generation process has been optimized to create your inventory export report as quickly as possible based on the selected data fields.
- Inventory fields that will result in longer export times have been designated with a blue "information" icon.
- A copy of all export reports will be saved in the Inventory upload/Download Status page.
When you need to export the same fields on a regularly basis you can save the selected fields in an Export Profile. You do this while creating a custom inventory export. Complete the following steps to create an export profile:
- Go to Inventory > Products > All Products / All Products - Beta.
- Select the SKUs you want to export and click the Export > Custom button above the table.
- On the Export Products page select the Export Format and Export Fields you want to export.
- Enter a name in the text field in the Export Profiles area on the upper right and click Add. Your profile will be saved for re-use.
- When selecting SKUs again for export and clicking the Export button you'll see your export profile as another option below Price and Quantity and Custom.
- When you click the profile option you'll be able to update or remove it on the next page. If you'd like to change the profile you simply select different export fields and / or a different export format and click Update. Additional existing profiles will be listed there too and you can switch between profiles in the Export Products view.
It is not currently possible to schedule an inventory export to run automatically on a recurring basis.
- Export files will be removed from the Upload/Download Status view after 10 days.
- Export files will only contain up to 50 Classification attributes.
- If you have selected the default export option (.xlsx) to allow export data to be split into multiple files, (if the export is too large) you must use a .txt export file.
- Inventory exports do not include "ad data" such as assigned Posting Templates, Ad Templates or Schedules. To get this information, export data from the Ads View.