Getting Started with Newegg is as easy as completing these simple steps. You will want to reference each step in this guide while you are going through your Newegg Launch Process.
When setting up Newegg with ChannelAdvisor you have three launch options:
- Self-Guided Launch - Completed by yourself using the information found in this Setup Guide.
- Launch Assistance Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that allows for you to have a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training and assistance calls to help you get setup on Newegg quicker and easier. To purchase this service contact Sales for more information.
- Launch Plus Service - A paid service offered by the ChannelAdvisor Launch Team that includes a dedicated email box for setup questions and a limited number of phone-based training, but also includes additional setup elements and assistance: the setup of your Newegg template, the assisted upload of products and help launching products to Newegg. To purchase this service contact Sales for more information.
Before beginning the launch process with any of the launch service options, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create Your Newegg Seller Account - To begin the process of selling on the Newegg Marketplace you must have or create an Newegg Seller Account. Visit Newegg's seller site today to create your account.
- Obtain your Newegg API Key - Once your Newegg seller account is created, you will need to obtain a ChannelAdvisor API Key for your Seller Account. To obtain your API Key, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following request:
I would like to request a ChannelAdvisor API Key to allow ChannelAdvisor to integrate with my Newegg Seller Account.
My Store Name Is: <insert your Newegg store name here>
My Newegg Seller Portal Default Email Address is: <insert the email address used to setup your Newegg Seller Portal Account here>
Thank you for your assistance.
You will receive a response from email@example.com that contains your Newegg Seller ID and Newegg API Key. These values will be entered on the Marketplaces > Newegg > Settings
- Ensure that all of your Manufacturers are available on Newegg - Newegg requires that the Manufacturer for each product exist in their system before you list the product. You can see a full list of Manufacturers by logging into your Newegg Seller Portal and navigating to your Manage Items > Manufacturer view and selecting the Manufacturer List tab.
If your manufacturers are not currently supported please download this spreadsheet and list the manufacturers you wish to add and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before listing your products on the Newegg Marketplace it is important to be aware of Newegg's listing requirements. Located within your Newegg Seller Portal is an extensive series of documents that explain all of the different data requirements for products in all of the various Newegg categories. Familiarizing yourself with this venue and the documents located here is a fundamental step to listing successfully on Newegg.
- Determine Your Newegg Sub-Categories - Determine which Newegg sub-categories your products belong in and ensure that there are no restrictions on those sub-categories. To see a full list of sub-categories download the Newegg Sub-Category List .
- Add Newegg Sub-Category to Your Inventory - Once you have determined the sub-categories in which you are going to sell you are now ready to prepare your inventory.
- Review Product Requirements (Optional) - Newegg requires sub-category specific product information. While the ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Template removes much of the complexity involved in sending this information, it is still best to review Newegg's data requirements for each sub-category that you will sell in.
The Newegg setup guide will walk you through the initial setup process within the ChannelAdvisor application and will set the foundation for your account integration with Newegg. Begin by navigating to your Marketplaces > Newegg > Settings view and completing the steps of the guide.
View the Newegg Settings page for additional information.
List Your Products
Once you have completed the Setup Guide you will need to map the Marketplace Template in ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Templates are used to define the product data that will be sent to the marketplace. Begin by navigating to your Marketplaces > Newegg > Product Mapping > Template view. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the Marketplace and will allow you to specify what inventory information should be sent for each product listing.
View the Listing Your Product to Newegg page for additional information.
Activate your Integration
The backbone of ChannelAdvisor's integration with Newegg is our ability to regularly send and receive information on your behalf. We will update data and remove listings based on information you remove or add into your ChannelAdvisor inventory. You will need to first make sure you have assigned the Newegg Label to your inventory and then navigate to your Marketplaces > Newegg > Settings view to activate your feed.
For additional details view the Activating Your Newegg Integration page.
Sales are handled through the integrated shopping cart of each Marketplace. Order information details are then imported to ChannelAdvisor in the All Sales view where you can then manage your fulfillment process, update shipping and tracking information and process any refunds or cancellations.
View the Fulfilling and Cancelling Marketplace Orders page for additional details.