These steps will walk you through the setup process for Rich Media. We recommend reviewing all the steps before beginning the process. This guide is designed to accommodate new users of Rich Media. If you have previously used RichFX and are migrating to the Rich Media platform many of the steps contained in this guide will still be relevant to your setup in ChannelAdvisor.
Before beginning the setup process in ChannelAdvisor, you will need to complete the following steps.
- Obtain your ChannelAdvisor Credentials - You will receive your ChannelAdvisor Complete credentials in your welcome email. Please contact Customer Support if you have not received your welcome email. If you do not remember your credentials you can reset your password here . To set someone up with their own login follow these instructions .
The Launch process is broken down into the following steps:
- Site Implementation Review - Final HTML is reviewed review and optimal viewer configuration and recipe settings are defined; recommendations for work flow are made.
- Spec Document - A Spec document outlining assets preparation and implementation is reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Implementation and Quality Assurance Images and Viewers are implemented and the next step is the Quality Assurance (QA) effort.
- Sign Off - Once all updates requested during the QA process are completed, a Final QA is done and the sign off.
- Project Transition - Once all elements are completed, Project is transitioned.
Managing Viewer Types
The Rich Media product allows for the creation of image recipes which are essentially aset of parameters including image size and quality settings which can be pre-set and recalled consistently in a URL string.These images are requested in the specified size, quality and format using the assigned recipe rather than having to write out the different parameters in the URL itself. The reasons to use recipes instead of dynamic image URL parameters is:
View detailed instructions about View Types.
- To maintain consistency among all images that are used for one purpose. If all thumbnails use a “thumbnail” recipe, then the characteristics will be consistent for all images using this recipe.
- To be able to make quality, format or size adjustments to an image throughout the site without having to make any changes to the site itself. For example, if all thumbnails are 40x40 pixels and are called using the thumbnail recipe, this recipe can be adjusted to 45x45 pixels and this will change all related images on the site without having to make any updates to the site code.
Once you have completed the initial account setup you can move forward and begin uploading your images into the Rich Media Product. Media can be uploaded by one of two methods: 1) using an FTP client or 2) using the integrated Upload tool which can be accessed by navigating to your Rich Media > Images > Upload view
View detailed instructions about Uploading Images
Manage Image Libraries
The Rich Media Libraries are where you will manage and organize the media that you have uploaded into your account. The libraries can be accessed by navigating to your Rich Media > Images view and selecting the specific library from the medu items available. There are three libraries you will have access to:
View detailed instructions for Image Libraries .
- Image Library
- Swatch Library
- Video Library.
Creating Image Relationships Workflows
Data values are assigned to images and then used to make associations between the images. These relationships is what determines where the images appear on a page as well as the functionality of the images.
View detailed instructions for Work Flow .