Here is how you create a report in Report Center, some of the specific options will vary with each report but the following steps are a general guide:
- Log into your account at www.ChannelAdvisor.com
- From Reports, click Create Report or Reports Center Beta.
- Pick the Channel associated with the report you are creating from the dropdown menu. The options are: Marketplaces & Stores, Paid Search and Comparison Shopping.
- Select the report you want to create by clicking on its name. You can see more details about each report by choosing the More Detail option.
- After selecting a report you will see the Report Options on the right hand side of the screen. Most reports have options such as:
Click Create Report.
- Report name - Enter a name that will be associated with this report. Generally more specific names will help you differentiate from other reports you have created (i.e. "Orders Report - Mar 2009 - CSE" rather than "Report 1").
- Date range - Select from either a predefined date range (i.e. Prior Week) or enter a custom date range.
- Columns - You can select the columns to you to omit from your report. These columns are saved and will be the default for the next time you run the report.
- Run Report - Options are Now or Schedule. Set a schedule if you want this report delivered in the future. Schedules can be set for daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly intervals. You can also specify if you would also like the report to be run now.
- Deliver Options - Choose your delivery option, by default reports are available for download from the Report Activity page. However you can choose to have the report e-mailed to one or more e-mail addresses or sent to an FTP site.
- Report Format - CSV, TXT, XML and XLS are the options.
- Filters - Narrow the data you are looking for by selecting the specific Channel or Provider that you are interested in.
- Summary Options - Some reports provide the option to include detailed data (for instance at a daily level or by SKU), select whether or not you want this detailed level data.
Once submitted, reports are processed and will be updated on the Report Activity page when completed. Processing times are generally a few minutes for smaller reports and up to an hour for larger reports.