Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service that enables merchants to store inventory and fulfill orders from an Amazon fulfillment center. Please refer to Amazon Services - US and Amazon Services - Europe for how Amazon handles FBA in different countries.
You will begin by designating items in your inventory with an FBA designation in ChannelAdvisor and then sending those items to an Amazon fulfillment center. When customers place orders for your products, Amazon takes care of packing and shipping the products to your buyers. You will then receive the order into your ChannelAdvisor All Sales view.
Fulfillment by Amazon is designed to help your operation succeed in fulfillment while you focus on your business.
Click the images below to download the eBook:
Using FBA will allow you to have Amazon take care of the packing, shipping, and customer service for your products so you can devote more time to growing your business.
Additional benefits to using Amazon FBA include:
- Access Amazon Prime and Super Saver Shipping customers
- Higher placement in the Buy Box algorithm due to a guaranteed quick and consistent fulfillment experience
- Access to promoted holiday shipping windows
- More favorable status when dealing with Amazon over account issues and suspension
- Opportunities for international expansion
- Multi Channel FBA Fulfilment (e.g. sell on eBay and fulfill from your Amazon FBA inventory)
ChannelAdvisor supports Amazon FBA functionality in the following marketplaces:
- Amazon US
- Amazon Canada
- Amazon UK
- Amazon France
- Amazon Germany
- Amazon Italy
- Amazon EU - When FBA is held in home EU country and used to fullful for orders for other European Mareketplace Accounts.
- Amazon China
- Amazon Japan
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
Tasks to Complete