Once you have completed the Setup Guide you will need to map the Marketplace Template in ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Templates are used to define the product data that will be sent to the marketplace. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the Marketplace and will allow you to specify what inventory information should be sent for each product listing.
Tasks to Complete
- Map the Template
- Review How Newegg Matches Products
- Review Template Strategies
Mapping the Template
Templates indicate to ChannelAdvisor what data from your inventory is to be used and how that data should be interpreted before being sent to the Marketplace. The template in effect translates your data according to your specifications to meet the restrictions and guidelines of the sites that you are selling on.
- Go to Marketplaces > Newegg > Product Mapping > Templates.
- Click on Newegg Default Template.
- For each field you have data for (at minimum the required fields marked with a red asterisk) select how you will be providing that information.
- Save the Template.
When you begin mapping your templates you will have four options to complete each template field. The option that works best for you will depend on how you have prepared your inventory for each sites data requirements. The more effort you put into preparing your inventory the easier it will be to complete the template mapping process.
For detailed information on how to utilize templates in ChannelAdvisor please visit the Customizing Template Fields page of the Strategy and Support Center.
In order to list your products on the Newegg marketplace you must provide data for all of the required fields. These fields will vary according to each sub-category.
- Reference the Newegg Sub-Catgory (Batch Upload) Templates located in your Newegg Seller Portal for additional information about each sub-category.
- Update your inventory and Newegg Product Mapping Template accordingly.
Visit the Listing Guidelines for Newegg page for additional information on the Newegg Product documents.
How Newegg Matches Products
When providing your product information, Newegg requires all necessary product data to be submitted. After submitting your full product listing, Newegg attempts to match your product to existing product listings using the fields below.
- With UPCs
- Manufacturer Name
- Similar short title
- Permanent Fields- The following template fields within the common portion of the template must be mapped and the data being sent in these fields must be accurate and complete the first time the new product feed is sent. Newegg will not allow the values in these fields to be changed.
- Manufacturer Name
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Seller Part # (SKU)
- Sub Category- The Sub Category template field tells Newegg in which Subcategory your product should be listed.
Item Height, Length, and Width - These values are only used in the Shipping By Newegg program. If you are not having Newegg ship your items, map all three of these values to Text of "1".Shipping Overrides- Your shipping settings will be configured directly within your Newegg Seller Portal Account. Within the Newegg template in ChannelAdvisor you will have the following two shipping override options on the Newegg Template:
- Reference the Newegg Subcategory List to determine the Subcategory IDs for your products. This list can be downloaded from the Listing Guidelines for Newegg page.
- Map the Sub Category field in the Newegg template with an attribute or a lookup list that contains the appropriate Subcategory IDs for your products
Shipping Restriction - This value is only used in the Shipping by Newegg program. If you are not having Newegg ship your items, leave this item mapped to a Text value of "No"
- Use the default shipping settings configured on Newegg
- Implement Free Shipping for the default