The AliExpress marketplace is part of the larger Taobao group. This marketplace is the biggest cross-border trade marketplace in China that caters to business to consumers and has sellers worldwide. Sellers must be based in mainland China and will list their products in English and in US dollars and have access to buyers in over 220 countries globally. Some of the most active customers on the marketplace are located in the United States, Russia, and Brazil.
When selling on AliExpress you will be able to:
- Gain access to a new market and grow your sales with a greater exposure.
- List without paying listing fees. You only pay a sales commission at a competitive rate.
- Expose your products to a large audience and benefit from the global Taobao marketplace group.
- Display your brand in a dedicated store and on the marketplaces' main portal.
Is selling on AliExpress a Good Fit?
If you are considering selling on the AliExpress marketplace please be aware of these important requirements:
- Seller in Mainland China – You have to be a seller in mainland China with a valid Chinese cell phone number.
- Official language is English – The official language on AliExpress is English. This means you need to provide all customer-facing text (e.g., titles, descriptions, etc.) in English. Your customer service team should also be able to handle customer requests in English.
- Products must be listed in US Dollars – All listings on AliExpress must be listed in US Dollars. You will be paid by AliExpress in either US Dollars or Chinese Yuan (RMB).
What Categories Does AliExpress Offer?
AliExpress offers a wide variety of product categories, including:
- Apparel & Accessories
- Consumer Electronics
- Home & Garden
- Bags & Shoes
- Sports & Outdoor
- Jewelry & Watches
- Beauty & Health
- Toys, Kids & Baby
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with AliExpress?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to the AliExpress Format – AliExpress, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to AliExpress' product fields simple by providing a template to communicate your inventory data in the preferred format to AliExpress.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to AliExpress – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on AliExpress. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and AliExpress and we will begin sending files to AliExpress with your product details and quantity.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on AliExpress – Now that your products are showing on the AliExpress marketplace, you should start to see sales almost immediately.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Shipping Confirmations to AliExpress – After you have fulfilled an order (or issued a refund), ChannelAdvisor notifies AliExpress on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped on the AliExpress site.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with AliExpress is easy and ChannelAdvisor can help you along the way with this process. Begin by following these steps:
- Request a seller account on the AliExpress marketplace by filling out the registration form .
- If you don't already have one request from ChannelAdvisor support a US posting account .
- Follow the steps in the ChannelAdvisor Getting Started Guide (Chinese).