Once you have completed the Setup Guide you will need to map the Marketplace Template in ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor Product Mapping Templates are used to define the product data that will be sent to the marketplace. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the Marketplace and will allow you to specify what inventory information should be sent for each product listing.
Tasks to Complete
- Map the Template
- List your Rakuten.com Shopping In-Catalog Products
- (optional) Add Out-of-Catalog Items to Rakuten.com Shopping
Mapping the Template
Templates indicate to ChannelAdvisor what data from your inventory is to be used and how that data should be interpreted before being sent to the Marketplace. The template in effect translates your data according to your specifications to meet the restrictions and guidelines of the sites that you are selling on.
When you begin mapping your templates you will have four options to complete each template field. The option that works best for you will depend on how you have prepared your inventory for each sites data requirements. The more effort you put into preparing your inventory the easier it will be to complete the template mapping process.
For detailed information on how to utilize templates in ChannelAdvisor please visit the Customizing Template Fields page of the Strategy and Support Center.
Listing Your Rakuten.com Shopping In-Catalog Products
In order to list your products to the Rakuten.com Shopping marketplace you must successfully match your item to the corresponding product page on Rakuten.com Shopping. If your item does not currently exist on Rakuten.com Shopping you will want to follow the instructions to add products to the Rakuten.com Shopping catalog below:
The following template fields are used to match your items to the correct product detail page. These fields should be mapped on the Rakuten.com Shopping template to the appropriate attributes in your inventory:
- Seller Identifier
- Product ID
- Product ID Type
- Expedited Shipping
Listing Rakuten.com Shopping Out-of-Catalog Products
Rakuten.com Shopping has an extensive catalog; however, it is possible that some products that you are selling are not yet part of the Rakuten.com Shopping catalog. These products must be added in order for you to be able to list them to Rakuten.com Shopping. ChannelAdvisor provides a simple process to add these products to the Rakuten.com Shopping Catalog. View ChannelAdvisor's suggested method for adding products to Rakuten.com Shopping's category.
- Verify that you have mapped to all of the category specific fields in the Rakuten.com Shopping template that are required according to the specifications outlined in Rakuten.com Shopping's Marketplace Seller Documents page.
Please Note: Be sure that you have selected all of the Rakuten.com Shopping categories that you will be selling in to be able to access the category specific portions of the Rakuten.com Shopping template. To verify your category selections navigate to your Marketplaces > Rakuten.com Shopping > Settings view.
- In addition the following template fields within the common portion of the template must be mapped and the data being sent in these fields must be accurate and complete the first time the new product feed is sent. Rakuten.com Shopping will not allow the values in these fields to be changed.
- GTIN (If sending UPC product IDs you are required to send UPC values for the GTIN field)
- Manufacturer Name
- Manufacturer Part Number (Must be unique)
- Rakuten.com Shopping titles can only be updated by the original lister.
- Updating Image information can only be done by contacting Rakuten.com Shopping at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have confirmed that all of the information above is correct navigate to your Marketplaces > Rakuten.com Shopping > Settings view to enable the setting to allow ChannelAdvisor to send your new product information to Rakuten.com Shopping to be added to their catalog. Once this information is added your products will be listed to Rakuten.com Shopping during the next feed transfer.