Cdiscount is one of the largest marketplaces in France, frequently competing for the number 1 spot. They have been consistently growing at circa 15% since 2011. They boast 12 million registered customers (which is 1 in 3 online shoppers in France) and 1 million visits to the site per day. An easy, online sign-up process with minimal approval checks means the route to market is swift.
When selling on Cdiscount you will be able to:
- Gain access to one of the largest marketplaces in France.
- Expose your products to a large existing audience.
- Quickly list against already existing products & compete with other sellers.
Is selling on Cdiscount a Good Fit?
If you are considering selling on the Cdiscount marketplace please be aware of these important requirements:
- Official language is French – The official language on Cdiscount is French. This means you need to provide all customer-facing text, e.g. titles, descriptions etc. in French. This data should be professionally translated, though Cdiscount will permit sellers the use of online translation tools.
- Provide Customer Service in French – You should be able to provide Customer Service in French (email, at minimum, is required). Similar to the requirements for data translation, you should use a professional service and/or native speaker – but Cdiscount will permit sellers to make use of online translation tools.
- You need to supply a product identifier in certain categories – Listings in certain categories require that you provide a product identifier with the product feed. Both EAN or UPC are allowed as a product identifier.
- Products must be listed in EURO – All listings on Cdiscount must be listed in Euro. You will also be paid by Cdiscount in Euro.
- Images need to be 1200 x 1200 pixel – Your images have to have a minimum size of 1200 x 1200 pixel. 3000 x 3000 is the maximum accepted image size.
What Categories Does Cdiscount Offer?
Cdiscount offers a wide variety of product categories, including:
- Men's / Women's Apparel
- Baby & Children Apparel
- Shoes & Accessories
- Bath & Bed
- Home Accessories
- Consumer Electrical (please note that a plug suited to the French market will need to be supplied)
- Musical Instruments & Accessories
- Toys & Games
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with Cdiscount?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to Cdiscount's Format – Cdiscount, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to Cdiscount's product fields simple by providing a template to communicate your inventory data in the preferred format to Cdiscount.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to Cdiscount – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on Cdiscount. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and Cdiscount and we will begin sending files to Cdiscount with your product details and quantity.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on Cdiscount – Now that your products are showing on the Cdiscount marketplace, you should start to see sales almost immediately.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Shipping Confirmations to Cdiscount – After you have fulfilled an order (or issued a refund), ChannelAdvisor notifies Cdiscount on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped on the Cdiscount site.
How Do I Get Started?
Cdiscount is an open invite marketplace. Please begin by following these steps:
- Register a new account (if you don’t already have one) with Cdiscount here. Once the account has been activated (takes no more than 48 hours) you will receive two sets of login information. One for you to log into the seller portal and one for the API. It is the API information that you will need to activate your ChannelAdvisor account to communicate with your Cdiscount account.
- If you don't already have one request from ChannelAdvisor support a FR posting account .
- Be aware that all items will be listed in Euro and that the official language is French. Your customer service should be prepared to answer questions in French to give buyers a perfect buying experience.
- Since Cdiscount’s data requirements are relatively minimal, we offer a Launch Assist package but also allow sellers to self-launch. Should you wish to purchase a launch package, please speak with your account manager or sales representative.
- Follow the steps in the ChannelAdvisor Getting Started Guide.