Fruugo is a unique, fully localized global marketplace where shoppers in 32 countries can buy products from retailers all around the world. Our mission is to provide shoppers with great choice, great prices, and the freedom to shop safely and securely wherever they are.
Shoppers have the ability to add multiple products into their Fruugo shopping cart from the multiple retailers, even if the retailers are in different countries. The shopper automatically sees the whole transaction in their own language and currency.
The Fruugo checkout provides shoppers with all the major global payment methods, plus many local payment methods too for the various Fruugo countries.
What Categories Does Fruugo Offer?
Fruugo aggregates the products from many sellers and doesn’t favor any particular category. Any seller who is able to offer marketplace products combined with good service make excellent partners for Fruugo.
Fruugo uses a category system closely aligned to the Google Shopping taxonomy and you can view the latest version here. This document covers what can not be listed on Fruugo.
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with Fruugo?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to Fruugo's Format – Fruugo, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to Fruugo's product fields simple by providing a template for communicating your inventory data in the preferred format to Fruugo.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to Fruugo – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on Fruugo. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and Fruugo and we will begin sending files to Fruugo with your product details, prices and quantity available to sell.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on Fruugo – Now that your products are showing on the Fruugo marketplace, you should start to see sales. Fruugo will handle all aspects of customer payment processing and fraud prevention.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Shipping Confirmations to Fruugo – After you have fulfilled an order, ChannelAdvisor will send a shipping confirmation to Fruugo on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped in Fruugo and does not require additional input from you.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Fruugo is easy and ChannelAdvisor can help you along the way with this process.
- Please make sure you meet the following Fruugo requirements:
- Be capable of shipping internationally (You can select which countries to ship to when completing the Fruugo shipping template (supplied by Fruugo)).
- Have good product data including GTINs and MPNs
- List using local currency and language (Fruugo provides the internationalization)
- ex-tax/VAT prices (Fruugo calculates tax/VAT)
- You should supply a good range of products.
- To apply, you must complete registration . Once evaluated, Fruugo will contact you and provide a more detailed form. Once that has been completed Fruugo will send a marketplace ID and API token.
- Fruugo is supported in the following ChannelAdvisor posting locales:
- AU, CA, DE, UK, US in order to sell globally.
- If you do not have a ChannelAdvisor account in one of the locales, please look to the Add a New Country page for instructions.
- Important note: As mentioned above, Fruugo is a global marketplace; you only need to map a template in one of the locales listed above.
- If Fruugo doesn’t display in Marketplaces > Add Marketplace, contact your ChannelAdvisor Sales Representative to request access to the Fruugo ChannelAdvisor integration.
Follow the Getting Started with Fruugo Guide.