Jet.com is an online shopping marketplace where shoppers can find great value on millions of products while retailers benefit through control over profitability and direct access to the customer. Retailers can adjust prices based on variables including customer location, cart value, number of items per cart, and whether or not a customer waives their right to return an item. Jet was founded by Marc Lore, founder of Diapers.com, Soap.com, Wag.com and other Quidsi sites.
Jet is an ecommerce site that promotes economically efficient shopping by providing transparency into retailer product and operational costs. At checkout, Jet calculates, chooses, and presents to the customer the most economically efficient retailers to fulfill their order instead of requiring customers choose during the shopping experience.
When selling on Jet you will be able to:
- Improve margins – Target more profitable orders by adjusting commissions according to the shopper’s shipping zone.
- Win Larger Orders – Incentivize shoppers to build bigger baskets by offering savings based on the size of the order.
- Acquire Customers – Offer shoppers a small incentive to sign up for your email marketing list.
- Protect Your Brand – Jet only partners with high quality retailers with great products and excellent service capabilities.
- Be Treated Fairly – Jet is a fair marketplace with no buy box bias or preferential treatment towards any retailer.
Is selling on Jet a Good Fit?
If you are considering selling on the Jet marketplace, please be aware of these important requirements:
- Established US presence including a US banking account.
- High-quality online content and reputation – Seller must pass a screening process to ensure a high-quality experience for Jet shoppers. The Jet Partner Experience team will review your online presence and Amazon or eBay ratings / feedback score among other indicators for quality.
- Authorized seller – Seller must be an authorized seller of its products.
- New products – Items sold on Jet must not be used or refurbished.
- Excellent fulfillment and delivery capabilities – Ability to deliver most orders within 5 business days from placement and provide specific delivery dates via accurate tracking information.
What Categories Does Jet Offer?
Jet offers a wide variety of product categories, including:
- Arts, Crafts & Hobbies
- Automotive Parts & Accessories
- Books & Other Media
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Garden
- Industrial & Scientific
- Jewelry & Watches
- Office Products
- Pet Supplies
- Sporting Goods
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Toys & Games
- Video Games
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with Jet?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to Jet's Format – Jet, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require for inventory data. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to Jet’s product fields simple by providing a template to communicate your inventory data in the preferred format to Jet.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to Jet – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on Jet. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and Jet and we will begin sending files to Jet with your product details and quantity.
- NOTE: Due to Jet’s unique model, the seller information is not shown on the product listing page. The buyer is notified of which seller will be fulfilling their order during the checkout process.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on Jet – Now that your products are showing on the Jet marketplace, you should start to see sales.
- ChannelAdvisor's Checkout Reports can be configured to notify you of incoming orders.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- NOTE: Sellers can gain greater control of the profitability of their orders by using the Jet Rules Engine in the Jet Partner Portal. The Rules Engine enables a seller to create rule sets that indicate how they wish to modify pricing to a customer based on factors such as order size, shipping zone (i.e. distance from fulfillment center), item returnability, and marketing email opt-in.
- ChannelAdvisor Notifies Jet when items have shipped – After you have fulfilled an order (or issued a refund), ChannelAdvisor notifies Jet on your behalf. This will mark the order as Complete on the Jet site.
- NOTE: Remember, Jet expects sellers to fulfill orders in one business day and requires them to provide accurate tracking information at the time of shipment. For most orders, Jet expects sellers to deliver orders within 5 business days from order placement.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Jet is easy and ChannelAdvisor can help you along the way with this process. Begin by following these steps:
- Request a Jet partner account via this ChannelAdvisor specific registration link at the Jet Partner Portal . When applying, you must review and sign the Jet Retail Partner Agreement and Policies. Authentication my take 1 - 2 weeks. Please contact the Jet team at email@example.com in case of any registration issues.
- If you don't already have one, request from ChannelAdvisor support a US posting account .
- Follow the steps in the ChannelAdvisor Getting Started Guide.