La Redoute is the number 1 fashion and home e-commerce website in France with over 9,2 million unique visitors per month. 11 million active buyers use the website. Specifically women with an average age of 26 to 35 years shop at this marketplace, where the average basket value is €95.
More than 1000 well-known brands such as Puma, Morgan, Bonobo Jeans and Samsonite already partner with La Redoute. And also Mobile Commerce and Social are not just buzzwords for them – already 700k users access the site via mobile applications and they have 1,5 million fans on Facebook.
When selling on La Redoute you will be able to:
- Gain access to the largest marketplace for fashion and home in France.
- Expose your products to a large, young, female audience in France.
- Display your brand in a dedicated store and throughout the purchasing process.
Is selling on La Redoute a Good Fit?
If you are considering selling on the La Redoute marketplace please be aware of these important requirements:
- Official language is French – The official language on La Redoute is French. This means you need to provide all customer-facing text, e.g. titles, descriptions etc. in French. This data must be professionally translated. You will not be able to use such services like Google Translate.
- Provide Customer Service in French – You must be able to provide Customer Service in French (both via email and by phone). You must also provide, according to French Law, a toll-free or local rate number for your buyers to call. Similar to the requirements for data translation, you must use a professional service and/or native speaker – you cannot provide Customer Services via email using Google Translate or a similar service.
- You need to supply an EAN as product identifier – You can only sell items on La Redoute if you provide an EAN as the unique product identifier with the product feed.
- Products must be listed in EURO – All listings on La Redoute must be listed in Euro. You will also be paid by La Redoute in Euro.
- Products need to be new – You cannot sell refurbished or used products on La Redoute.
- Images need to be 400 x 400 pixel – Your images have to have a minimum size of 400 x 400 pixel. 1200 x 1200 is recommended so zoom functionality can be activated for your images.
What Categories Does La Redoute Offer?
La Redoute offers a wide variety of product categories, including:
- Men's / Women's Apparel
- Baby & Children Apparel
- Shoes & Accessories
- Bath & Bed
- Home Accessories
- Consumer Electrical (please note that a plug suited to the French market will need to be supplied)
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with La Redoute?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to La Redoute's Format – La Redoute, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to La Redoute's product fields simple by providing a template to communicate your inventory data in the preferred format to La Redoute.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to La Redoute – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on La Redoute. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and La Redoute and we will begin sending files to La Redoute with your product details and quantity.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on La Redoute – Now that your products are showing on the La Redoute marketplace, you should start to see sales almost immediately.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Shipping Confirmations to La Redoute – After you have fulfilled an order (or issued a refund), ChannelAdvisor notifies La Redoute on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped on the La Redoute site.
How Do I Get Started?
La Redoute is an invite-only marketplace. Please begin by following these steps:
- Request to become a La Redoute seller. Contact your CA Sales representative for further information on that. Note that La Redoute will qualify the customer account on application and need to approve your inventory. This may take 2 - 4 weeks.
- If you don't already have one request from ChannelAdvisor support a FR posting account .
- Be aware that all items will be listed in Euro and that the official language is French. Your customer service should be prepared to answer questions in French to give buyers a perfect buying experience.
- Due to the complexities surrounding the data model (the data requirements from the Marketplace) we require a Launch Package to be purchased for this marketplace. Please discuss this with your Sales representative.
- Follow the steps in the ChannelAdvisor Getting Started Guide.