Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK) is an online retailer based in Salt Lake City, Utah that sells a broad range of products at low prices, including furniture, rugs, bedding, electronics, clothing, and jewelry. Additional stores within Overstock include Worldstock.com, dedicated to selling artisan crafted products to help developing nations around the world and Main Street Revolution, supporting small scale entrepreneurs in the U.S. by providing them with a national customer base. Other community focused initiatives include Farmers Market and pet adoptions. Forbes ranked Overstock in its list of the Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2014.
Overstock.com is a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, with 17 years of industry-leading experience in pure-play online sales. We feature award-winning customer service and customer experiences across multiple platforms, combined with leading customer and partner technologies. Every order over $45 ships for free, and our Club O Loyalty program offers customers free shipping and 5% rewards on all purchases for an annual fee of $20.
What Categories Does Overstock.com Offer?
Overstock.com offers a wide variety of product categories. They offer a true mass-merchant assortment and are looking for products across all categories that provide both quality and value for their customers.
While Overstock.com will consider products across all of their categories, they see the biggest opportunities within the Apparel, Health and Beauty, Sports and Outdoors, and DIY categories.
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with Overstock.com?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to Overstock.com's Format – Overstock.com, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to Overstock.com's product fields simple by providing a template for communicating your inventory data in the preferred format to Overstock.com.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to Overstock.com – Once you have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on Overstock.com. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and Overstock.com and we will begin sending files to Overstock.com with your product details, prices and quantity available to sell.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on Overstock.com – Now that your products are showing on the Overstock.com marketplace, you should start to see sales. Overstock.com will handle all aspects of customer payment processing and fraud prevention.
- Orders Are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Shipping Confirmations to Overstock.com – After you have fulfilled an order, ChannelAdvisor will send a shipping confirmation to Overstock.com on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped in Overstock.com and does not require additional input from you.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Overstock.com is easy and ChannelAdvisor can help you along the way with this process.
- Please make sure you meet the following Overstock.com requirements:
- US Address
- US Warehouse address for returns
- W9 EIN / Tax ID
- Accept returns
- Overstock Business Development Approval
- ChannelAdvisor SKUs must be 20 characters or less
- Every shipment should have a packing slip that does not reference your price or website.
- If you meet these requirements and wish to become a seller on Overstock, please complete the ChannelAdvisor Sign Up Form.
- Overstock.com is supported in the following ChannelAdvisor posting locale:
- United States
- If you do not have a US ChannelAdvisor account, please look to the Add a New Country page for instructions.
- If Overstock doesn’t display in Marketplaces > Add Marketplace, contact your ChannelAdvisor Sales Representative to request access to the Overstock ChannelAdvisor integration.
Follow the Getting Started with Overstock.com Guide .