The Overstock.com setup guide will lead you through the settings necessary to establish the link between ChannelAdvisor and your Overstock.com account. Getting started with the Overstock.com integration is as easy as completing these simple steps.
You will need to complete the following process to receive a Overstock.com seller account:
- Please make sure you meet the following Overstock.com requirements:
- US Address
- US Warehouse address for returns
- W9 EIN / Tax ID
- Accept returns
- Overstock Business Development Approval
- ChannelAdvisor SKUs must be 20 characters or less
- Every shipment should have a packing slip that does not reference your price or website.
- If you meet these requirements and wish to become a seller on Overstock, please complete the ChannelAdvisor Sign Up Form.
- Overstock.com is supported in the following ChannelAdvisor posting locale:
- United States
- If you do not have a US ChannelAdvisor account, please look to the Add a New Country page for instructions.
- If Overstock doesn’t display in Marketplaces > Add Marketplace, contact your ChannelAdvisor Sales Representative to request access to the Overstock. ChannelAdvisor integration.
If you need any assistance with managing ChannelAdvisor inventory, please review the Getting Started with Inventory page.
- Review Supported Fields – Please visit the Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Product Mapping > Template view to see supported Overstock.com product data fields. You will need to configure your ChannelAdvisor inventory in a manner that will allow you to properly map the Overstock.com template.
- Assign a Label to your Inventory – In order to designate your inventory for your Overstock.com account, you must assign a label .
Back to Top
Configure Marketplace Settings
In ChannelAdvisor, please navigate to Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Overstock.com Settings. You will want to complete this setup. For help on this page, please visit Marketplaces Settings .
During setup you will need your Overstock.com Seller ID and Access Token values. This information will be given during the Overstock.com account setup process. There are training guides within Supplier Oasis to support this. Overstock's onboarding team will provide orientation and guidance on all the training assets.
Back to Top
List Your Products
The Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Product Mapping > Template view is used to define the exact data that will be sent to the channel when creating or updating a listing. The template will contain all the fields accepted by the channel and will allow you to specify what product information should be sent for each product listing. You will have four options to complete each template field. The option that works best for you will depend on how you have prepared your inventory for each site's data requirements.
For detailed information on how to utilize templates in ChannelAdvisor please visit the Customizing Template Fields page.
Additional information on template fields is displayed when you hover your mouse over the question tag icon next to a field in the template.
Back to Top
Activate Overstock.com Integration
At this stage, your account is ready to be activated to communicate with Overstock.com. If you haven't done so in the first step you will now assign the label you selected in your Overstock.com settings to your designated inventory items. Next, you'll activate the marketplace feed. Please navigate again to Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Overstock.com Settings to complete this step. View the Activating Your Marketplaces Integration page for more details.
For general guidelines on how often ChannelAdvisor communicates with Overstock.com, please find the channel in the Marketplaces - Processing and Communication Frequency page.
Once you have successfully listed your subset of inventory you should perform a test to make sure that orders are processing appropriately. Simply purchase one of your items and then check to make sure that the order appears in ChannelAdvisor.
Back to Top
Manage Your Listings
Once you have activated your Overstock.com integration, you should begin seeing activity almost immediately. You may notice that some of your products have not listed properly or have not listed at all. It will be crucial that you consistently manage your Overstock.com account integration in ChannelAdvisor to monitor these issues.
ChannelAdvisor provides you with a dashboard that assists you with this effort. The Overstock.com Product Overview page is a channel-specific dashboard that provides you with an overview of the current status of all your products assigned to Overstock.com. You can access this page via the menu from Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Products > Overview.
Product Status View
The Product Status view will serve as your Overstock.com listing management headquarters. From this view, you will be able to view detailed information about all of the products you are sending to Overstock.com. You will be able to monitor the performance of your items as well as troubleshoot any listing errors you may have received. To access the Product Status view, navigate to Marketplaces > Overstock.com > Products > Product Status.
There is a wide range of listing errors that you may receive when listing to Overstock.com. Resolving these errors can typically be accomplished by utilizing one of these two methods.
- Method 1: Edit Your Template Mappings – The Overstock.com Template is what tells ChannelAdvisor what data to send. Failure to map the appropriate fields with the appropriate values from your inventory can result in listing errors. When you receive a listing error it is almost always a good idea to check your template.
- Method 2: Edit Your Inventory Data – If you find the template appears to be mapped correctly and in accordance with Overstock.com's specifications, more than likely the source of the error is in your inventory data.
Withdraw Product Listings
If you no longer want a product to appear on Overstock.com, edit the product by removing the label from the product that you are using for Overstock.com product listings – selected in the Overstock.com Settings.
Back to Top
Sales are handled through the integrated shopping cart of the channel. Order information details are then imported to ChannelAdvisor in the All Sales view (Sales > Orders/Transactions > Orders) where you can manage your fulfillment process, update shipping and tracking information and process any refunds or cancellations.
From your All Sales view, you can easily manage the fulfillment process for all orders imported from the channel. Whether you use ChannelAdvisor or a third party fulfillment system to manage your orders, ChannelAdvisor offers the tools to optimize your fulfillment strategy.
- After a purchase has been completed, the ChannelAdvisor Complete software will automatically import all the relevant order details needed for fulfillment.
- Once imported, your orders will appear in the Sales > Orders/Transactions > Orders view alongside all of your other orders.
Please refer to the Sales and Fulfillment section for additional information.
Update Shipping and Tracking
After fulfillment is complete, your next step is to update the ChannelAdvisor Complete software with shipping and tracking information. This step is highly important to meet shipping requirements and give buyers the ability to track orders. Once your tracking numbers are provided and your order status is updated to shipped ChannelAdvisor will send this information to the channel. There are three primary methods to complete this process.
Refer to the Updating Shipping and Tracking Information page for further details.
Cancelling and Refunding Orders
Please refer to Cancellations & Refunds in ChannelAdvisor for the details on the cancelling and refunding options that Overstock.com supports through ChannelAdvisor.
Back to Top