Once an Ad has been posted into the marketplace, it will display in the Open Listings view until the listing closes. You can review the status of the open listing throughout its life cycle in the Open Listings view.
The open listings view includes the quantity, number of hits and bids an item has received, the current bid price, and the closing time. Listings that have received bids or purchases will display in bold in the Open Listings view, so that you can easily distinguish them from listings without any current bids or purchases.
Edits can be made from this view to the Inventory Items and Ads, but the information changed will not be reflected in the existing Open Listing on the marketplace. Once an Ad has been posted, the only way to change the information is to use the Revise functionality to update the listing.
The following functions can be performed from this view:
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
Tasks to Complete
The following tasks can be performed by navigating to your Marketplaces > eBay > Performance > Open Listings view. In addition to these task you will also be able to view item quantity, listing hits, bids, the current price and the closing time.
Viewing Open Listings
To view open listings follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Marketplaces > eBay > Performance > Open Listings view
- In the Open Listings view, the column headings and a description for each are as follows:
- Select - Use this box to select listings from the view in order to perform a function. Select the link at the top of the column to select all items on the page.
- Site – The marketplace site to which a listing has been posted.
- SKU – A unique identifier associated with an inventory item. Click the hyperlink to edit the inventory item. These edits will only be reflected in newly posted listings, not the listings currently posted in the marketplace. Click on the SKU to edit an inventory item.
- Ad ID - This unique identification number for the Ad is created by the system. Since multiple ads per inventory item can be created and saved, the user can rely on the Ad ID to distinguish between different Ad Listings. Click on the Ad ID to edit Ad information for newly posted listings.
- Status - Five icons give information about the listing. These icons are:
- Revises - if the listing has been revised at any time, this icon will be active () and you can click on the icon to see the information about the revises that have been processed. If the listing has not been revised, it will be inactive ().
- Withdraws - if the listing has been submitted to be withdrawn at any time, this icon will be active () and you can click on the icon to see the information about the withdraws that have been processed. If the listing has not been submitted for a withdraw, it will be inactive ().
- Variation - if the individual item is part of a variation listing at eBay, this icon will be active (). If it is an individual listing, it will be inactive ().
- Relist - if the listing is a relist of a prior listing that has closed, this icon will be active (). If the item was submitted as a new listing without any reference to an prior listing, it will be inactive ().
- Catalog - if the item was submitted with an association to an item in the eBay Catalog, this icon will be active () and you can click on the icon to see the catalog item at eBay along with all sellers of that item. If the item was submitted without catalog information, it will be inactive ().
- Title - The title is a hyperlink to view the listing on the Marketplace.
- Quantity - The total number of quantity available to buyers in the open listing. This number will be bold if the quantity was allocated at time of listing. If quantity was not allocated, then the number will be a standard format.
- Hits - The number of unique customer visits to a specific listing at the marketplace.
- Bids - The bid column displays the number of unique customers that have placed a bid on a listing at the marketplace.
- Current Price - The price for an listing posted in the marketplace at the time it closed.
- Closing Time - The date the ad is scheduled to be closed
Below are some additional tasks that can be completed from the Open Listings view
Withdrawing an Open Listing
- Select the item or items you wish to revise.
- Select the Revise Item button.
Exporting Data - The Export functionality allows you to download the information from that view for offline review and analysis. The export is delivered in a Comma Separated Value (CSV) format, which can be imported into most spreadsheet applications as well as a wide variety of other software programs.
- Select the item or items you wish to withdraw.
- Select the Withdraw Listings button.
Edit an Item
- Select the Export button
- Choose to export all items or only items that have been selected.
Editing an Ad
- Under the SKU column select the SKU that you wish to edit.
- You will be taken to the edit sku details screen where you can make any changes necessary.
View your Listing on eBay
- Under the Ad ID column select the Ad ID for the ad you wish to edit.
- You will be taken to the Ad Details view where you can make any changes necessary.
- Click on the link in the Title column.
- You will be taken to the marketplace listing of that specific item.