You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
Tasks to Complete Provider Setup
The instructions on this page are for setting up Search campaigns on Google or Bing.
To set up Content network campaigns, see the Advertising on Google's Content Network page.
The Paid Search module has a feature to allow the bulk upload of ad groups, creative, and keywords all at once across multiple providers. This powerful feature, Master Upload can save time and also help keep the different providers in sync.
How to Create an Ad Campaign on Google in Actionable Reporting
To create an Ad Campaign on Google Adwords:
- In ChannelAdvisor, navigate to Digital Marketing > Marketing Management > Actionable Reporting.
- Select the Campaigns Performance tab.
- Click New Campaign. (The New Campaign drop-down menu allows you to select a Provider; Google or Bing icons are clickable.)
- In the Campaign frame that appears:
- Type a name for the campaign.
- Select a status (Active will be selected by default).
- From the Network drop-down menu, select the desired Network Targeting option to have your keywords appear on Google's search and display partners.
- Select Budget & Bidding options:
- Enter the daily Budget for this campaign.
- Select your Bidding preference from the Manual CPC dropdown:
Modify Language, if applicable.Bid Adjustments allow you to opportunity to manage your Mobile bid adjustments:
- Select Focus on Clicks if you want to manually set bids yourself.
- Select Focus on Page Location if you would like to apply a top-of-page or first-page bidding strategy to your campaign. Follow the "Manage target page location strategies" link to create and manage. With these settings, you can specify whether you would like to target the top of the first page of search results, or anywhere on the first page.
- Top of first page - This setting allows you to choose whether you would like your bids to be automatically raised or lowered to match the estimated top of page bid, or to set the bids yourself but automatically have them adjusted so they are at least as high as the estimated top of page bid.
- Anywhere on first page - This setting allows you to choose whether you would like your bids to be automatically raised or lowered to match the estimated first page bid, or to set the bids yourself but automatically adjust bids so they are at least as high as the estimated first page bid.
Select Scheduling & Rotation options:
- Enter the percentage amount for the Mobile bid adjustment.
- Allow ChannelAdvisor to monitor mobile bids and performance by selecting Manage my mobile bid adjustment for me, then enter the percentage amount for Mobile ERS Goal.
For Locations Targeting:
- Select End Date.
- Select Ad Rotation. (Select Optimize For Conversions to show better performing ads more often to searchers. Rotate Evenly is suggested if you are A/B testing.)
Click Save. Your new campaign will be listed in the All Campaigns view of Actionable Reporting.
- United States will default. To add/exclude by Country, State, DMA, or, City, click Modify, then search for the location you would like to target.
- Bid Adjustments may be set at each location target, by hoovering over the “--” click to edit then enter your Increase by / Decrease by adjustment.
How to Create an Ad Campaign on Bing in Actionable Reporting
To create an Ad Campaign on Bing:
In ChannelAdvisor, navigate to Digital Marketing > Marketing Management > Actionable Reporting.
Select the Campaigns Performance tab.
Click the arrow to the right of New Campaign to open the New Campaign drop-down menu, and click the Bing icon.
The Campaigns page opens. Enter a Campaign Name.
Select a Status for the campaign. (Active is selected by default.)
Enter the monthly Budget for this campaign.
Choose a Time Zone.
Choose the language for the campaign. The language refers to the language used by the consumer.
Click Submit to create the new campaign. Your new campaign will be listed in the All Campaigns view of Actionable Reporting.
Note : You cannot change the language for a campaign after it is set.