The 7th and final step of the Premium Webstore Launch Process is to install any addtional store configurations you require. Below are additional configurations available within the ASPDotnetStorefront software. These functions are not required to launch the store, but you may find many of these additional store options useful. Simply select from the links below to display the additional options for each category.
After you have successfully launched your premium webstore you may find that you would like to add some additional configurations. Below are a list of some of the additional configurations you may find useful:
- Using Free Shipping - This page outlines several methods of applying free shipping to your webstore orders and links to additional resources for implementing these settings.
- Charging Shipping Based on the Number of Items in the Cart - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to charge shipping based on the number of items in the cart.
- Adding Bongo International Shipping - This page shows you how add Bongo International Shipping to your store. Bongo provides an application that launches from the retailers shopping cart and allows an international consumer to register for a US address prior to checking out.
Return to Top
- One Page Checkout - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to setup one page checkout in your store.
- Anonymous Customers - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to configure your store settings to allow buyers to check out without registering an account in your store.
- Preventing Register of States/Countries - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to configure your store settings to limit the country and states choices when a buyer registers a shipping or billing address.
- Configuring 3-D Secure - This page shows you how to setup 3-D Secure on your store. The 3-D Secure protocol was developed by the credit card industry to improve the security of Internet payments. It is designed to allow authentication of cardholders by their issuers at participating merchants and improves the overall transaction performance.
- Setting-up VAT - This page shows you how to setup VAT tax settings in your store. The store has the ability to display your items VAT inclusive and show the VAT amount broken down in the shopping cart, and the final invoice. You can also set the store up so that your customers will have the choice to have their items displayed VAT inclusive or exclusive.
Return to Top
- Tracking Pixels - This page will show you how to properly install tracking pixels in your Premium Webstore in order to track sales and the effectiveness of traffic to your store from various channels.
- Site Search - This page will show you how to install a greatly enhanced customer search feature over what is available by default from ASPDotnetStorefront.
- Google Analytics - This page will show you how to configure Google Analytics on your store in order determine how customers get to your site, track ad campaign success, and show where buyers abandon your store.
- Google Webmaster Tools - This page will show you how to utilize Google Webmaster Tools on your site. This feature helps make your store more search engine friendly. You can upload sitemaps to Google to make sure all your products are properly indexed, and get reports showing how Google sees your site and determine what links users are following to get to your store.
- Google Site Verify - This page will show you how to install Google Site Verify on your site. This tool verifies to Google your ownership of your domain which is required in order to continue sending product offer information into Google Merchant Center.
- Redirecting Webpages - This page instructs you on the necessary steps to add 301 redirect pages to your store. 301 redirects are important in order to direct people from your past URLs to your new ones. This helps to maintain your search status for the search engines.
Return to Top
- Return to Top Using Customer Levels - This page shows you how to implement Customer Levels in your store. Adding customer levels allows you to put your customers into groups, to grant them discounted pricing or other special statuses (tax free, free shipping, etc), or even to control which of your products they can see.
- Quantity Discounts - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to configure discounts based on quantity promoting customers to buy in bulk.
- Sales Prompts - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to initiate sales prompts in your store. Sales prompts are the text that displays before sale prices on product detail pages.
Return to Top
- Configuring Images - This page shows you how to resize your store's images as well as to set the rollover micro image parameters so that thumbnail images display in your store.
- Adding Filtered Navigation - This page shows you how to implement Filtered Navigation in your webstore. This function gives consumers the ability to navigate through products on the site by selecting the criteria that matters to them, such as a color, brand or price range.
- Hiding Products Based on Quantity - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to hide products in your store once a certain quantity threshold is reached. This can help prevent back-order situations, which can lead to frustrated customers and refunds.
- Managing Polls - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to create and manage polls on your store. Polls allow you to collect information from or do surveys of your customers.
- Adding Disclaimers / Terms & Conditions - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to add disclaimers as well as terms and conditions to your store.
- Adding Watermark Images - This ASPDotnetStorefront article illustrates how to add watermarks to your store. Watermarks allow store admins to protect their copyrighted images by overlaying translucent text or pictures on top of the images, lowering the chances that anyone will want to take them off the site.