The Financial Performance Report can help you analyze revenue and/or profitability by summarizing financial metrics at multiple levels. On the cost side it includes product cost (cost of goods sold) . On the revenue side it includes GMV. In addition you can choose to summarize this reports by SKU, Brand, Site or Distribution Center. Summarizing by Distribution Center is particularly useful if you want to separately report on FBA.
- To run the report, see Creating New Reports on the Reports Center page.
- To view your reports, select Reports > Report Center.
ChannelAdvisor Stores products only appear on this report if they have sales. This report will only display information for listings that closed during the time period specified in the report parameters. The Financial Performance Report contains the data listed below.
| Column Name |
| Description |
|Quantity Sold||Number of units where payment was received.|
|GMV||Gross Merchandise Volume / Revenue--excludes shipping and taxes|
|ASP||The average selling price of the SKU / Channel / DC specified|
|COGS||Product Cost (usually Cost of Goods Sold)|
|Profit/Loss||GMV - (Original Cost) - (Total Fees)|
|ROI||Return on Investment|
Report Summary Options
Additionally you will have the option to summarize the above values based on the following criteria:
- Product Summary
- All – Will roll up different Product metrics together; this is what you would use if you do not want your report to distinguish between products. For example, if you just want to see a summary of all activity for a Site, you would set the Product Summary to All.
- SKU – Will split metrics from different SKUs onto different rows of data.
- Brand – Will split metrics from different Brands onto different rows of data, but different SKUs of the same brand will be rolled up together. This is the setting you would use to help you determine the performance of a Brand.
- Channel Summary
- All – Will roll up different Channel and Site metrics together; this is what you would use if you do not want your report to distinguish between Sites.
- Site – Will split metrics from different Sites onto different rows of data.
- Distribution Center Summary
- All – Will roll up different Distribution Center metrics together; this is what you would use if you do not want your report to distinguish between different Distribution Centers.
- Distribution Center – Will split metrics from different Distribution Centers onto different rows of data.
- Account Summary – For the highest security, this option is turned off by default. To activate, the primary contact should create a support case.
- This Account Only – Will only report data from the active posting account, that is, the account specific in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Each Account – Will report data from all accounts, and split the metrics onto different lines. (This will only display data for posting accounts to which you have access.)
- All Accounts – Will report data from all accounts, and roll the metrics together. (This will only display data for posting accounts to which you have access.) If you select this option, all currency amounts will be converted into your contract currency before they are aggregated and displayed. Currency conversion for each transaction will happen as of the day the transaction was archived in our system. This will typically be on (or very near) the day on which the sale occurred. Due to currency fluctuations and varying rules on currency conversions, this option may produce metrics that slightly differ from results you get with other systems or methods. Our method of currency conversion should be adequate for most analysis. However if you require specific currency conversion methods, we recommend you report each account in its native currency, and do the currency conversion on your own.