Trade Me was founded in 1999 by Sam Morgan in New Zealand. When selling on Trade Me you’ll have access to over 3 million users and 5.5 million auctions listed per month.Trade Me has a redundant infrastructure that allows for most maintenance to be done without impacting sites. When selling on Trade Me you will be able to:
- Gain access to a new market of loyal customers.
- Grow your sales online with a greater exposure.
- Display your brand on your storefront and throughout the purchasing process.
What Categories Does Trade Me Offer?
Trade Me offers a wide variety of product categories, including:
- Baby gear
- Home & living
View a full list of product categories and here is a file of all categories accepted by Trade Me.
How Does ChannelAdvisor Work with Trade Me?
- Upload Your Inventory to ChannelAdvisor – Regardless of where you maintain your inventory, you will need to keep a record of your products within the ChannelAdvisor application. ChannelAdvisor offers a variety of options based on what works best for your company. To learn more about getting your Inventory into ChannelAdvisor please refer to the Inventory Getting Started Guide .
- Map Your Inventory to Trade Me's Format – Trade Me, like other marketplaces, has a particular format they require sellers to conform to. ChannelAdvisor has made the process of mapping your inventory information to Trade Me's preferred format simple by providing a template to communicate to Trade Me how your inventory is to be sent.
- ChannelAdvisor Sends Your Listings to Trade Me – Once you are have completed your inventory mapping you are ready to list products on Trade Me. You will activate your integration between ChannelAdvisor and Trade Me and we will begin sending files to Trade Me with your product details and quantity.
- Customers Purchase Your Products on Trade Me – Now that your products are showing on the Trade Me marketplace, you should start to see sales almost immediately.
- Orders are Imported into ChannelAdvisor – ChannelAdvisor will retrieve each order and acknowledge it on your behalf. Your orders will then be available in the ChannelAdvisor software to fulfill.
- ChannelAdvisor Notifies Trade Me that items ships – After you have fulfilled an order (or issued a refund), ChannelAdvisor notifies Trade Me on your behalf. This will mark the order as shipped on the Trade Me site.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Trade Me is easy and ChannelAdvisor can help you along the way with this process. Begin by following these steps:
- Contact Trade Me's Business Development team ( email@example.com ) to discuss seller requirements, including
- Completing Trade Me’s quick and straightforward international seller vetting process.
- Registering your Trade Me account and setting up for payment processing.
- Request from ChannelAdvisor support, a New Zealand based posting account .
- Follow the steps in the ChannelAdvisor Getting Started Guide .