In order to display the shipping options available in your store you must setup the shipping methods within ASPDotNetStorefront.
Tasks to Complete
Complete the following tasks related to this topic:
Setup Shipping Methods in ASPDotnetStorefront
Within the ASPDotnetStorefront administrative console configuration menu, navigate to the Shipping > Shipping Methods view and complete the steps below. For additional detail please refer to the Shipping Methods page of the ASPDotnetStorefront manual.
- Begin by naming each shipping method you plan on using in your store.
- Designate the states, countries and shipping zones for each shipping method.
- If configured for real time rates you will have additional options to choose from.
Setup Shipping Rate Tables in ASPDotnetStorefront
Once you have setup your store's shipping methods you will need to determine how the store will calculate shipping costs. Within the ASPDotnetStorefront administrative console configuration menu, navigate to the Shipping > Shipping Methods view and select one of the shipping calculation methods listed here. For additional detail please refer to the Shipping Rates Table page of the ASPDotnetStorefront manual.
- Calculating Shipping By Weight
- Calculation based on total weight of the order.
- Specify a low-end and high-end for each range.
- Specify different costs for each shipping method.
- Calculate Shipping By Total
- Calculation based on total dollar amount of the order.
- Can be used to apply free shipping to certain dollar ranges.
- Use Fixed Prices
- Simplest shipping calculation method to setup.
- Each shipping method has one price regardless of order contents.
- All Orders Have Free Shipping
- Use Fixed Percentage of Total
- Calculation based on a percentage of the order total.
- Useful if maintaining shipping costs based on a fixed percentage.
- Use Individual Item Shipping Costs (Not currently supported)
- Set a shipping cost on each product variant.
- Shipping costs will be added together to generate shipping total.
- Use Real Time Rates - Please Note: If you choose to enable Real Time Shipping then the shipping methods names will be pulled directly for each carrier. You will not need to setup shipping methods within your webstore.
- Using this method, your site will connect to any of the major shipping carriers and get the real time price that the carrier would charge to ship that order based on the weight, size or origin.
- You must have an account with the major shipping carriers.
- You must make the proper configuations for each carrier
- This method requires monthly fees to the major shipping carriers.
- Freight option - When using Real-Time Shipping, orders exceeding the weight limit of the shipping carrier (typically 150lbs) can be configured to return a valid shipping option and fixed price. This is done using the RTShipping.OverWeightLimitDefaultRateName and RTShipping.OverWeightLimitDefaultRate AppConfigs in ASPDotNetStorefront.
For example, settings of RTShipping.OverWeightLimitDefaultRateName="UPS Freight" and RTShipping.OverWeightLimitDefaultRate="199.99" will result in a shipping option of "UPS Freight" and a price of "199.99" for any orders that exceed the weight limit of the Real Time Shipping Carrier. If no values are provided for either of these fields, no shipping rate will be shown for orders exceeding the weight limit but rather a message, such as "Please call for rates" will be shown to the shopper.
- Calculate Shipping by Weight and Zone
- Calculation that varies based on order destination zip code (or zip code range) and order weight.
- Useful if shipping cost needs to fluctuate by both location as well as weight.
- Calculate Shipping Total and Zone
- Calculation that varies based on destination zip code (or zip code range) and the order total.
- Useful if shipping cost needs to fluctuate by both locations as well as purchase total.
- Calculate Shipping by Order Total by Percent
- The most complicated of the fixed shipping rates to setup.
- Allows for the greatest flexibility in pricing.
- Calculation of the base shipping dollar amount + the percentage of the order total.