Immediate Payment is used to require the payment of the item before it is considered closed and purchased for a Buy-It-Now (BIN) transaction on eBay. If the payment is not completed, the item is not considered purchased. This functionality is only available with fixed price listings and for sellers that accept the PayPal payment method. You can see more details on the immediate payment functionality on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html .
There are several scenarios to be aware of when using immediate payment:
- Shipping, insurance, and tax calculations will come from the eBay listing and your eBay account configuration.eBay will not ask ChannelAdvisor for more detailed information regarding shipping, insurance or tax and will rely on the data they already have for your item and account. With the conversion to eBay checkout in 2011 this is generally no longer an issue, but it may be something to consider if you manually consolidate orders to calculate a combined shipping for buyers.
- Immediate Payment cannot support invoice consolidation of multiple items into an order unless the buyer uses the eBay shopping cart. If you offer a discount on multiple item shipping or promotions for purchases above a certain dollar amount, buyers may not realize how to combine multiple items in order to qualify. Immediate Payment purchases process individually. Buyers that use the eBay shopping cart can combine purchases into a single order, but those that use the Buy It Now option must go through checkout and pay for them individually.
- Immediate Payment will not work with Best Offers that are accepted. If an offer is accepted, the winner will go through the regular purchase process.
- For fixed price listings, PayPal is the only acceptable payment method that can be offered if Immediate Payment is required.
- For auction listings, other payment methods can be offered but if the buyer purchases using the Buy-It-Now option and Immediate Payment is required then the buyer will have to use PayPal and Immediate Payment.
- If the buyer wins by being the high bidder on the auction, they will go through the normal checkout process and will not be required to use the Immediate Payment method.
Please Note: Shipping to any address other than the one from PayPal will disqualify you from PayPal Seller Protection policies. Because of these issues, you should make sure that proper and accurate shipping, insurance, and tax information is included in each of your listings and on the Posting Template , remove references to consolidated shipping discounts from your Ad Template unless they are properly configured in your eBay account , and avoid the use of Best Offer on immediate payment listings.
The following topics should be reviewed before completing this task:
Tasks to Complete
Activating immediate payment is done by making a simple configuration on your posting template. Complete the steps below to turn on the immediate payment functionality.
- Navigate to your Marketplaces > eBay > Product Mapping > Templates view.
- Select the Site Details link of an existing posting template or create a new posting template.
- Under Selling Preferences in the posting template check the box that reads Require immediate payment through PayPal for Buy it Now.
When the buyer purchases the item at eBay, it will automatically require them to pay for the item using PayPal before completing the transaction. Once the transaction is completed, it will be automatically imported into your account as checkout complete and payment cleared, just like any other transaction where the checkout and payment are completed at the marketplace.