5 September 2012 Release Notes
Key enhancements for this release include the following:
- Expanded Google Shopping support for US Paid Search and Comparison Shopping clients
- Enhanced Repricer Features
Click on the product areas below to get more information about the specific product areas that are relevant to you.
Paid Search and Comparison Shopping
- Google Shopping Release (Available for US Paid Search and Comparison Shopping clients) - We have significantly expanded our capabilities for our Paid Search and Comparison Shopping clients to setup, track, monitor, and optimize their Google Shopping campaigns. For a full description of the new features and how to get setup visit our Google Shopping section.
- IDS Performance Enhancements
- We've made some enhancements to the way that Inventory Driven Search completes large projects such as campaign name changes, ad group and keyword deletes. The changes should result in better accuracy between merchandiser settings and provider accounts.
- We have also identified and corrected a scenario in which the stock status and the expected ad group status did not match up. This issue was an isolated occurrence that should not have impacted a large number of advertisers or SKUs within an account.
Return to Top
- Enhanced Repricer Features - Our full-featured price optimization package, that adjust prices compared to the competitive landscape, has been updated to provide you more robust repricing functionality. Visit our SSC page for more information about What's New with the Amazon Repricer.
- Repricer Frequency Control - Based on Amazon’s repricing rate limitations, we recognize that all of your products are not equal when it comes to their repricing needs. You now have the ability to prioritize those products that are most important to your online business and reprice those items at a faster repricing frequency. Visit our SSC for more information about using the Repricer Frequency feature.
- Repricer Rule Preview - We provide a real-time preview into how your repricing rules will compare to other retailers before you set your strategy. The preview will allow you time to review and refine your rules for optimal performance. Visit our SSC for more information about the Repricer Rule Preview.
Return to Top
- Inventory Export Option - ChannelAdvisor now offers the option to create a customer inventory export in an excel (.xlsx) format. This is in addition to the default option of a text file (.txt) and in response to many users requests. More information on inventory exports
- New Listing Errors View - The new Listing Errors view is now the default for managing any errors or warnings that eBay returns as part of the listing process. Based on feedback from users we've enhanced the information available to make it easier to identify common errors and quickly remove large numbers of errors without processing them page-by-page. This view adds more details for any listing errors, aggregate counts, additional information to help resolve the error, and includes warning messages from eBay that advise you to potential improvements to your listings. Use the "Errors" and "Products" tab to switch between different ways to review the information. If you would like to use the previous version of the view it is still available for the next few months and can be accessed by following the link on the new Listing Errors view.
- New eBay Features - eBay has added several features which are now available:
- Buyer Quantity Restriction - If you would like to limit buyers of your item to a maximum quantity they are allowed to purchase, you can now submit a value that will prevent them from purchasing more than that quantity. If you would like to configure this limitation, add a value to the Buyer Quantity Limit option on the posting template. This can be useful for special promotional pricing to prevent a single buyer from purchasing all of the items. According to the eBay information, when used on variation listings it will limit the buyer to that total quantity across all children, not per child item.
- Restocking Fee - In eBay's spring release , eBay announced a new Returns Center program. This has been launched to a small number of eTRS sellers and continues to expand to additional sellers. For those that have opted into the program, a new restocking fee option is available to charge buyers when returning items through eBay's returns center. Note that the return policy description is no longer available when using eBay's returns center, so any description will no longer show on eBay items when participating in this program.
- Variation Processing Enhancement - As mentioned in eBay's fall release , changes have been made to allow an open variation listing to add a new dimension without requiring it to be ended and submitted as a new listing. An example could be an item that originally varied only on size, but now has multiple colors and needs to vary on both size and color. ChannelAdvisor will make these changes automatically as needed when a new child is added to an open variation listing.
- Additional Shipping Services - Based on eBay updates, several new shipping services have been added to the options on the posting template to match the options available at eBay. New services have been added for the US, Germany, France, and Italy.
- ATV Fitment Support Available - eBay has added support for ATV parts categories on the US Motors site. Sellers can use the eBay Master ATV List to define the appropriate fitment for ATV items and configure the fitment information on the posting template to be used with listings. The data format is the same as the one used for US automotive parts. Existing listings can be automatically updated using the Revise Listings functionality.
Return to Top
- Updated Product Mapping Template - The Newegg Product Mapping Template has been updated to match Newegg's latest changes. Minor updates were made to some categories. An updated Newgg Subcategory List spreadsheet has been posted to the Newegg Getting Started Guide.
- Product Mapping Template Recommended Attributes - The Newegg Product Mapping Template now designates some category specific fields as "recommended". Providing values for these attributes will enhance the visibility of your items on Newegg.com.
- Coming Soon: Support for Refurbished Items on the Newegg Marketplace - Newegg will be releasing support for refurbished items later on September 10. Shortly after the release, ChannelAdvisor will add a new attribute field on the Product Mapping Template to support this.
- Do Not Send Zero Quantity Items Checkbox on Settings Page - To make excluding zero quantity items from your Newegg feed easier, you can now check the box titled "Do not send zero quantity items" on the Newegg Settings page. This will automatically block any items that have not quantity from appearing in your Newegg feed. If your Newegg label is assigned by an Advanced Filter that excludes items based on quantity, we strongly recommended removing that constraint from your Advanced Filter and using this setting instead.
Return to Top
- Product Descriptions Support 5000 Characters- Product Descriptions can now contain 5000 characters (previously 980).
Return to Top
- Additional Attributes Added to Product Mapping Template- Search attributes have been added. Variation attributes are now marked as recommended.
- By populating these additional attributes, you listings on Sears.com will have increased visibility to shoppers. Note that fields used for variation grouping purposes are now marked as recommended. Because you cannot change or add variation dimensions to listings on Sears.com, it is important to provide as much variation grouping information as possible on your items. For additional information on each attribute field, reference the product upload spreadsheet for your item class in the Sears Seller Portal.
- Items with Zero Quantity Are Automatically Blocked - Because Sears does not allow listings with zero quantity, ChannelAdvisor will automatically block any items that have not quantity from appearing in your Sears feed. If your Sears label is assigned by an Advanced Filter that excludes items based on quantity, we strongly recommended removing that constraint from your Advanced Filter.
Return to Top
Strategy and Support Center
- New Videos
- September Training Webinar Schedule
- (Sept 4th - 7th) Inventory Webinar Series - Register today for any one of the four webinars in this series to learn how to get up and running with inventory in ChannelAdvisor.
- (Sept 11th & 13) Buy.com Webinar Series - Register today for any one of the two webinars in this series to learn how to get up and running with Buy.com using ChannelAdvisor
- (Sept 24th - 27th) Newegg and Sears Webinar Series - Register today for any one of the four webinars in this series to learn how to get up and running with Newegg and Sears Marketplaces using ChannelAdvisor.
Return to Top
Page last updated: Thu, 09/06/2012 - 09:40