|Template Field||Field Description||Best Practice ||Benefit|
| Title (Required) ||A short title that will be displayed in bold on the product detail page.|
- Utilize the 500 character limit that Amazon allows*
- Use relevant keywords (Example: [Brand] + [Series] + [Product] + [Defining Attributes (measurements, color, case qty)] )
- Don't include Stock numbers (UPCs), Promotional Terms (Free, Bonus etc..) or Marketing Terms (Stylish, Fabulous etc..)
- Each word in your title is looked at by Amazon as a unique search term
- Well thought out titles containing common keywords can greatly enhance your product's visibility
- *The Amazon Clothing Store is continually looking for ways to improve the overall customer shopping experience. Based on our research for mobile users, Amazon has changed the maximum Parent ASIN Title length from 150 characters to 80 characters (including spaces) to provide the optimal customer experience for desktop and mobile shoppers. When updating or creating new titles, please follow these guidelines:
Format of Titles for Parent ASINs of Variation Products: [Brand] + [department/(and Special Size, if applicable)] + [product name]
Format of Titles for Stand Alone or Child Products: [Brand] + [department/(and Special Size, if applicable)] + [product name] + [size] + [color]
| Category (Required) |
Use this field to indicate to ChannelAdvisor which categories you are selling in. Based on the category(ies) maped here, ChannelAdvisor will reference and send the appropriate category-specific template fields.
Mapping the Field
Category Values to use by Locale
- If listing in one category, select the appropriate category value from the predefined dropdown.
- If listing in multiple categories, you may either create a category attribute and map to that field or you may need to utilize a lookup list.
- Your category specific information will be sent.
| Product ID & Product ID Type (Required) ||The unique product ID and ID type that you are using to list your products to Amazon. |
- Send UPCs (US Sellers) or EANs (UK, French and German Sellers) or JAN (Japanese sellers)
- Avoid sending ASINs
- UPCs, EANs and JANs are constant and cannot change. In most cases, Amazon will require that the listing has a UPC or EAN. In some cases, an exception can be obtained via the Amazon Brand Registry program or by applying directly to Amazon for an exception.
- ASINs are owned by Amazon and can change at any time.
Item Type (US) / Browse Node ID (UK, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Spain and Italy)
|Item Type / Browse Nodes are Amazon's product categories. Specify your item's browse classification to ensure that your products appear in relevant product categories and to help buyers locate your product.|
- Reference the Amazon BTG on Seller Central to obtain the appropriate Item Type (for US) / Browse Node ID (UK, Canada, France, Italy, Spain and Germany)
- Alternatively, you can allow ChannelAdvisor to recommend the appropriate values for you by enabling the Categorizer setting within your Amazon Settings view.
- Your products can be easily viewed when searching via Amazon's browse hierarchy
| Condition Note (Desired) ||Descriptive text explaining the actual condition of the item.|
- Field is limited to 2000 characters for items appearing as Amazon Marketplace listings
- Map a text value for this field that distinguishes you from other businesses.
Opportunity to distinguish yourself from other sellers
Information displayed directly below the condition on the offer listing page.
You can use this field to describe any differences your item might have from the New item sold at Amazon.com. This field is limited to 2000 characters for all Used, New, Collectible, and Refurbished items appearing as Amazon Marketplace listings.
| Offer Level Image |
(Desired for Used and Refurbished products)
|Used to provide offer-level images for your Used and Refurbished products.|
- Map a Main Offer Image and as many of the Offer Images 1 - 5 as you have images for.
| Featured Bullets (Desired) ||Brief descriptive text or product highlights which are not covered by the specific attribute values. |
- Easier to read then description
- Cleaner look and feel
| Search Terms (Desired) ||A word or phrase that best describes your product|
- Create attribute in inventory labeled AMZSearchTerms
- Populate with high quality search related keywords
- Allowed five coma-separated terms of 50 characters/term for a total of 250 characters.
- Don't reuse words already in the title, brand and Merchant fields since Amazon already looks at these fields while evaluating search results.
- Increase product visibility in search results
| Sale Item Fields / MSRP (Optional) ||A time sensitive sale price or the Manufactures Suggested Retail Price|
- Use these fields to demonstrated price reductions
- A price cut will be displayed highlighting your lower price and the savings from the original price
| Restock Date ||Restock Date for back-ordered products.|| |
List a product as a "back-order" if you will accept orders for it now, but will not ship it until a later date (restock date) because the product is out of stock.
To list a back-order product, enter a future restock date for it, specifically, the date the product will be back in stock. Customers can then order the product, but they will see that it is not available to ship until the restock date.
Back-order products will only show up on Amazon.com when the restock date is within 30 days of the current date. This is because you must ship within 30 days of a buyer placing an order.
This feature does not apply to products listed through the Fulfillment by Amazon service. The availability of Fulfillment by Amazon products is based on their fulfillable quantity in Amazon fulfillment centers.