eBay Marketplace Strategy
|Price Competitively||This is the number one item that effects the visibility of your listing.||Tips for Offering Reasonable Shipping Rates|
|Focus on Customer Satisfaction||Providing quality customer service also contributes heavily in eBay's Best Match Algorithm:|| Tips to Become an eBay Top-rated Seller |
Tips to Meet eBay;s Minimum Standards for All Sellers
|Write effective titles||By using relevenat keywords in your product titles you can dramatically increase your position in search results. Try out the eBay Bay Estimator Tool to see how your current titles are performing.|| Tips for Writing Effective Titles |
eBay Bay Estimator Tool
|Include Unique Identifiers||Unique Identifiers improve the chances of your listings showing up in search engine results. Consider including the following identifiers as item specifics whenever possible:||Using Automatic Matching for eBay Item Specifics|
|Provide as many item specifics as possible||Item Specifics are what describe your product and also play a key role in your products search results. Be sure to include as many item specifics as possible|| Working with eBay Item Specifics |
Using Automatic Matching for eBay Item Specifics
|List in the correct category||Be sure to list in the category that is the most relevant to your products. When shoppers search by category they will be more likely to find your product. Use the eBay Bay Estimator Tool to help you determine what is the best category for you to sell in.||eBay Bay Estimator Tool|
|Use product details from the eBay Catalog||If you are listing an item that is in the eBay catalog you will have the option to allow the catalog product details to be listed with your ad. This can include photos, Item Specifics, dimensions, descriptions, reviews, and other details that will help the visibility of your ad.||How to Automatically Map Inventory Items to eBay Catalog Listings|
|List using variations||When listing your items in a variation format the sales history of one item in the variation is carried over to all of the items and can then improve the search results for all items. There are many other benefits to listing your items as a variation. |
See this eBay page to see what categories currently support variations
|How to Use Variations Listings on eBay|
|Write a great description||Your item description should be able to set a clear expectation for your buyers. The more comprehensive and accurate your description is the less likely a customer will be disappointed with their purchase.||Tips to Writing a Great Description|
|State your terms clearly||Make sue that your terms of sale are stated very clearly and concisely and are listed with the appropriate item. Try including the following information:||eBay Checkout Configuration|
|Include high quality images||Providing high quality images is an integral part in best match and will ultimately contribute to greater sales and visibility for your listings||Tips for creating high quality images|
Category-Specific Strategy Information
Each eBay category requires their own distinct data points and values. View the following category specific pages to learn about the different strategies involved for each category.
Additional eBay Strategies for Success
- Improving eBay DSR's - eBay Detailed Seller Ratings provide more details about an eBay member’s performance as a seller. Five stars is the highest rating, and one star is the lowest. These ratings do not count toward the overall Feedback score and they are anonymous. That means that sellers can't trace detailed seller ratings back to the buyer who left them. Detailed seller ratings from the same buyer are counted in the same way as Feedback
- Orders and Fulfillment
- Customer Service
- eBay Listing & Storefront Design Tips
- eBay Daily Deal Best Practices
Helpful eBay Links
Below is a list of useful links to eBay’s Help documentation.
- Fees for Selling on eBay - When you list an item on eBay, you’re charged an insertion fee. If the item sells, you are also charged a final value fee. The total cost of selling an item is the insertion fee plus the final value fee.
- eBay Store Subscription and Fees - eBay Stores offers three subscription tiers including various features.
- Maximum Shipping and Handling Costs - Limits on shipping and handling charges for select categories.
- Detailed Seller Ratings - In addition to leaving a general rating of positive, neutral, or negative for a seller, buyers can get more specific by leaving detailed seller ratings (DSRs).
- Seller Dashboard - Your Seller Dashboard in My eBay helps you monitor your progress as a seller, maintain excellent customer service, and keep your account in good standing.
- Becoming a Top-Rated Seller - Top-rated sellers are PowerSellers who consistently provide the best buying experiences to their customers. Whether you have large volume sales or smaller volume, you can be a Top-rated seller.
eBay Re-Instatement Tips
Did you get kicked-off eBay? Read more about what you can do to try and re-instate your account.