Our support team has provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. If you are having a problem, you can navigate to solutions on a specific topic below or search all the solutions. To search all the solutions use the Search box in the upper right of the page
ChannelAdvisor Complete » Marketplaces » eBay & Auctions »
eBay & Auctions QuestionsCan I add a surcharge for Economy Shipping on eBay?Would I be able to set up Sales Maximizer for eBay in ChannelAdvisor?Can I use business rules on my eBay posting template?Does ChannelAdvisor support the eBay "Good 'til Canceled" feature?What do I do in ChannelAdvisor if I renamed my eBay account?Where can I change our lead time to ship for our eBay listings?How long do I have to file a dispute for an eBay order?How can I bulk upload a fitment/compatibility list?Does ChannelAdvisor support eBay Markdown Manager?Will my sales history be carried over to my next eBay listing?How do I remove the ChannelAdvisor token from eBay?What eBay Motors Marketplaces are supported by ChannelAdvisor?How do I override eBay's shipping calculations with a specific shipping amount for one buyer?How to identify orders consolidated by the Order Consolidation Setting for eBayWith the eBay Duplicate Listing Block enabled, can I have both an auction and a fixed price listing?What does the error "adid is required" for an ad upload mean?When are Child images used within a variation listing on eBay?Can I have just a subset of my items automatically update using eBay Automatic Revision?Why am I not able to import my eBay Store categories?What triggers a revision within an open listing for eBay?Why is my strike through pricing is not appearing in the eBay Store?How Can I Bulk Flag Ads?Is there way to view all SKUs that don't currently have an open listing on eBay?For eBay, it is possible to have static variations that the buyer must choose?Can I put an HTML form in my Ad Template to search my eBay Store?
Can I add a surcharge for Economy Shipping on eBay?
For economy shipping on eBay under business policies, you cannot add a surcharge. return to menu
You can confirm this by going to My eBay > Business Policies then opening an existing policy or creating a new one. Under Economy Shipping, a surcharge cannot be added. See attached screenshot (https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/293439/Jqn2ZWBaipOG90TZMwIaZZVMz2wu09TL/)
Would I be able to set up Sales Maximizer for eBay in ChannelAdvisor?
You can use the Sales Maximizer in conjunction with items posted from ChannelAdvisor. However, there is currently no direct integration through ChannelAdvisor for this feature. No changes are needed to the way you post items from ChannelAdvisor. All Sales Maximizer related information such as bundle relationships and order level discount information must be configured directly at eBay. All orders will be imported as usual, but with the discounted rates.return to menu
Can I use business rules on my eBay posting template?
Yes, you can use business rules and lookup lists in the posting template's new editor. The new editor enables business policies, lookup lists, easier selection of product information fields, and item specifics from multiple categories to be configured on a single template, similar to our other marketplace templates.return to menu
The posting templates using legacy fields can still use advanced template tags to do calculations, which you can read more on here: http://ssc.ChannelAdvisor.com/howto/advanced-template-tags.
Alternatively, you can use business rules to alter the data during the inventory upload process.
Please see more on this here: http://ssc.ChannelAdvisor.com/howto/inventory/templates
If you are using the legacy posting templates and would like to upgrade to the new editor, go into your existing posting template and click the "View and modify your template in the new editor" link at the top of the page.
Does ChannelAdvisor support the eBay "Good 'til Canceled" feature?
Yes, we do support the "Good 'til canceled" (GTC) duration on eBay Fixed Price listings. You will find this option on your eBay Schedules under Marketplaces > eBay > Schedules.return to menu
What do I do in ChannelAdvisor if I renamed my eBay account?
It depends on what you did. return to menu
1) If you renamed your existing eBay account, no further action is needed since all the information on the back-end is still the same. We will automatically update the displayed username in our system the next time your eBay token is updated or renewed. When renewing your token, please follow these steps:
- Go to Marketplaces > eBay > eBay Settings > eBay Marketplace Credentials.
- Click the link for the seller account you wish to re-validate under the "eBay User Name" column.
- Click the "Update Token" button.
- You will be redirected to eBay. Enter your User ID and Password.
- Click the "I Agree" button.
- You will then be redirected back to CA. You may need to re-enter your password.
- Click the "Save" button.
- If you get a warning about "Potential Username Conflict", the correct step is to select "Replace Existing Credentials"
2) If you created a new eBay account (separate from your existing eBay account), you should add that new eBay account. Go to the Marketplaces > eBay > Settings > eBay Settings > eBay Credentials page and click "Add New". It is very important that you do not replace your existing eBay account because this would then break the integration between ChannelAdvisor and eBay for any existing open listings.
Where can I change our lead time to ship for our eBay listings?
If your posting template uses Business Policies, the lead time to ship is determined through the Shipping Policy you've selected.return to menu
If your posting template uses Legacy Fields, it is controlled by the Handling Time field, in the Business Policies tab of the posting template. eBay only allows certain values in this field: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, and 20.
How long do I have to file a dispute for an eBay order?
This depends on the type of dispute you wish to file. return to menu
Unpaid Item Disputes (i.e. The buyer has not paid for the item.): 32 days
Mutually Agreed Disputes (i.e. We have both agreed not to complete the transaction): 45 days
How can I bulk upload a fitment/compatibility list?
This depends on two things:return to menu
- The format you're using for fitment.
- How you create your upload file.
There are two formats that can be used to add fitment information to an attribute in ChannelAdvisor so that it is accepted by eBay. The first is to use double carats (^^) to separate each entry and the other is to use a line break between each.
When using the ^^ method, all you need to do is submit each fitment entry separated by ^^. A benefit to using ^^ as your line break is that exporting manual fitment information on a SKU will not be missed as hard enters can cause values to be missed upon export.
If you are using line breaks, and creating your file using a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, you can hit Alt+Enter after entering each fitment value and then enter the next. This will put the next entry on a new line within that same cell.
If you are using a text editor to create your tab delimited file, you can put quotes around the field values with a carriage return after each so it looks something like this:
Inventory Number Attribute1Name Attribute1Value
FitmentTest1 Fitment "fitment1
Does ChannelAdvisor support eBay Markdown Manager?
There is currently no way to use eBay's Markdown Manager directly through ChannelAdvisor. However, this does not prevent you from taking advantage of this feature. All you need to do is follow eBay's instructions for setup, found here: http://pages.ebay.com/stores/markdown-manager/tutorial/index.html.return to menu
No changes are required on the ChannelAdvisor side, but here are some important things to keep in mind:
- When a purchase is made, ChannelAdvisor will import the sale information using the actual price paid by the buyer.
- The price shown in the Open Listings view will not reflect any changes made by the Markdown Manager. It will be the price sent by ChannelAdvisor.
- Any revision to the listing will remove the item from a sale. To keep the automatic revision system from updating your listings and ending your sales, you may want to consider using the exclusion label for your Markdown Manager items. This is covered here: http://ssc.ChannelAdvisor.com/howto/revising-open-listing.
For more information, including alternatives to Markdown Manager, please see: http://ssc.ChannelAdvisor.com/howto/implementing-markdown-manager-ebay-listings
Will my sales history be carried over to my next eBay listing?
For Fixed Price listings, sales history will be carried over from one listing to the next based on the following:return to menu
- If the new item is a multi quantity listing
- If the previous item was a multi quantity listing
- If the previous item had one or more sales (Last 14 days for a scheduled ad and last 60 days for a 'Post Now')
- If the previous item closed in last 7 days
- If the new item and previous item are using the same ad ID
- If the new ad has the same condition and category as the previous ad
You can find more about sales history and eBay's Best Match algorithm here:
How do I remove the ChannelAdvisor token from eBay?
To sever the communication between CA and eBay or any other third party and eBay:return to menu
- Log into your eBay account.
- Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Third Party Authorizations.
- Click "Revoke authorization" next to the third party whose access you want removed.
What eBay Motors Marketplaces are supported by ChannelAdvisor?
ChannelAdvisor currently supports the following eBay marketplaces for eBay Motors:return to menu
eBay United States
eBay United Kingdom
How do I override eBay's shipping calculations with a specific shipping amount for one buyer?
If you have a special case for a single user that needs different shipping rates than the standard calculation methods, you can override the shipping amount for that buyer by manually configuring the shipping rate for that order in your eBay account. This is only available before the buyer has completed the eBay Checkout process. In order to apply a special rate for the transaction:return to menu
* Go to the seller's My eBay at ebay.com and find the specific transaction
* Click the "Send Invoice To Buyer" option
* Select the approrpiate shipping option and enter the amount for shipping/postage
The buyer will receive an email from eBay with a link for the eBay Checkout. When they follow that link and go through the checkout process, the special shipping rate will be applied to the transaction. That shipping carrier option and rate will be imported with the order details into your ChannelAdvisor order record.
How to identify orders consolidated by the Order Consolidation Setting for eBay
Orders that have been affected by the Order Consolidation Setting automatically have an "OrderConsolidated" tag applied to them. The following steps can be used in our new Orders page to identify all orders that have this tag.return to menu
1. Go to Sales>Orders/Transactions>Orders
2. Make sure you're on the new interface for this page. You can confirm this by looking for a link at the top-right saying "View old version of this page". If you're using the old interface, the link on the right side will say "Switch to new page".
3. Click the "Columns" button, then add the "Private Notes" field to the selected columns.
4. Add "Order Tag" as a search field, and filter for tags that contain the text "OrderConsolidated".
5. This will return a list of consolidated orders. The Private Notes column shows the date and a list of invoices that were consolidated into each order.
With the eBay Duplicate Listing Block enabled, can I have both an auction and a fixed price listing?
Yes, one listing of each listing type is allowed to post when you have this setting enabled. However, eBay's duplicate listing policy varies from site to site so you will want to verify the rules for the region in which you're listing. For example, eBay US and UK will not allow both a fixed price and an auction with a Buy It Now price for the same item but eBay AU will. return to menu
More information on the duplicate listing block in CA can be found here:
What does the error "adid is required" for an ad upload mean?
This error occurs when you are creating an Ad Upload file (http://ssc.ChannelAdvisor.com/howto/bulk-ad-upload-field-reference) but you have not included the "Ad ID" column. This column is required if you are updating or creating ads. If you are only creating new ads, input a "0" for each sku. This will tell the system that you are creating a new ad for the SKU.return to menu
When are Child images used within a variation listing on eBay?
Variation listings provide images both from the parent SKU as well as the individual child SKUs included in the listing. When there are no images configured on the parent SKU, images are used from one of the child SKUs to ensure the best exposure for your products and the best buyer experience. However, if there are any images configured on the parent SKU then only those images will be used as part of the parent listing. Images from a child SKU will only be used when there are zero images configured to use from the parent.return to menu
Can I have just a subset of my items automatically update using eBay Automatic Revision?
Yes, you can set a label on your items and configure your Automatic Revision setting to ignore items on that label.return to menu
More information on the eBay Automatic Revision feature can be found here:
Why am I not able to import my eBay Store categories?
The most often overlooked reason that eBay Store categories cannot be imported is that the "eBay Fixed Price" marketplace is not enabled. Your eBay Store Categories are specifically tied to that "marketplace". Follow the steps below to ensure your settings are correct.return to menu
1. Visit Marketplaces > eBay > Settings > eBay Settings.
2. Click on the 'edit' link for eBay Marketplace Credentials.
3. On the next page, click on the Modify link in the Actions column.
4. Ensure "eBay Fixed Price" is selected.
5. Click Save.
Now you should be import the eBay Store categories.
Note that even if you are only listing on eBay Motors Fixed Price, you must still enable "eBay Fixed Price" in order to use the store category functionality
What triggers a revision within an open listing for eBay?
Once the Revise Listings option has been enabled under eBay Settings, then any changes to any of the following items will be detected and automatically applied to Open Listings: return to menu
* SKU Product item information
* Posting template
* Description template
* Ad information
Why is my strike through pricing is not appearing in the eBay Store?
Pricing fields appear differently in the eBay Store depending on how you have your posting template configured.return to menu
- If a value is configured for the Minimum Advertised Price field, the items won't show up with strike through pricing in the eBay Store.
- If a value is configured for the Strikethrough price field, the items will show up with strike through pricing in the eBay Store.
How Can I Bulk Flag Ads?
Unfortunately, we don't have flags on ads. We have flags on SKUs, and we happen to display the same flag on the ad in the ads view. return to menu
There is currently not a way to flag Ads independently of SKUs. Bulk changes to flags on the underlying SKUs can be applied by way of a number of methods, for example, via inventory upload file.
Is there way to view all SKUs that don't currently have an open listing on eBay?
You can view SKUs that don't have an open listing on eBay by creating a filter in the All Products Beta View in Inventory. To do this navigate to Inventory > Products > All Products Beta. Click on the "Columns" Button. Add "Qty on eBay" column into the Visible Columns Section. Click on Save Filter. Then under the column "Qty on eBay" enter 0 and do a search and this will return a list of SKUs not listed on eBay. You can also export this file if needs be using Export Button at the top of the screen.return to menu
For eBay, it is possible to have static variations that the buyer must choose?
For example, you have 2 skus that are of the same color but different sizes.return to menu
Yes, it is possible to force a variation listing to have both size and color as variations even though there may only be one value for color.
To do so, please submit a request to our Support team with a list of ALL of the item specifics fields you want to always be drop-down options, even when there is only a single value for the buyer to choose from. You need to specify every single one you want forced to always be a drop-down. Our Support team can make a back-end update that will start creating those single-value dropdowns for future listings.
Can I put an HTML form in my Ad Template to search my eBay Store?
With the appropriate HTML code it is possible to put a form to search your eBay Store in your Ad Template. Below is some simple code that should help you set this up. Please note that you will need to enter your eBay Store name into the code, and you will also need to find and enter your eBay Store's ID number. The easiest way to find your store's ID number is to perform a search for the store name on stores.ebay.com, and hover over the URL to the store. Right click and select view properties to find the store URL with the store ID number. An example is:return to menu
The number at the end of the URL should be your eBay Store ID number.
<form name="search" method="get" action="http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll">
Search Our Store:
<input type="text" name="query" size="7">
<input type="submit" value="Go" width="20" height="16" border="0">
<input type="hidden" name="MfcISAPICommand" value="GetResult">
<input type="hidden" name="sid" value="ENTER STORE ID HERE">
<input type="hidden" name="store" value="ENTER STORE NAME HERE">
<input type="hidden" name="colorid" value="15">
<input type="hidden" name="fp" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="srchdesc" value="y">