1. Navigate to Digital Marketing > Marketing Management > Feeds.
- Click +Add New Feed .
- Use the search option or click Comparison Shopping to find the Google Shopping feed option.
- Hover over the Google Shopping feed option and click +Add Site. You will then be taken to the Google Shopping Feed Setup Guide.
2. Enter your destination credentials.
- Google Shopping will already be selected as your destination.
- Give your feed a name. This will only be seen in ChannelAdvisor.
- Enter your Google FTP and login credentials, then click Next to continue.
3. Select the inventory to include in your feed.
- Select your inventory from the drop-down menu of labels that have been applied to your products, or click +Create New Label to create and apply a label on the fly to the products you want to include in your feed.
- Select whether or not to include child products in the feed.
- Click Next .
4. Select the Google Shopping template.
- We recommend that you select Default Google Shopping Template , instead of creating a new one, as this template has been configured by ChannelAdvisor to adhere to Google’s Shopping Campaigns guidelines.
- Click Next to continue.
5. Use the Merchandiser to transform your data to meet Google's feed requirements.
- Use the tabs at the top of the Merchandiser to apply mapping tools (Inventory Fields, Business Rules and Lookup Lists) to the fields of your feed template.
- A few fields to take note of, as they apply specifically to your Google Shopping feed:
- Excluded Destination: Map the Google Shopping Excluded Destination business rule that has been pre-created in your account to this field. This rule will exclude a product from your feed if the product’s bid is set to $0.
- AdWords Redirect: This is an optional field. Map the Google AdWords Tracking Rule business rule pre-created in your account for this field if you would like to copy the values you provide in the Link field with added ChannelAdvisor tracking.
- For most product categories, Google requires that you include at least two of the three following unique product identifiers: UPC, EAN or JAN; Brand; or MPN. Use the inventory fields to map at least two of these identifiers into the fields of your template.
- The Filters section will allow you to exclude products from your feed, using Business Rules that result in a True/False outcome. A common filter to use is the Filter Out of Stock rule, which will exclude any product from your feed if its quantity is zero.
- Click Next to continue.
6. Define your feed schedule and other feed-level settings.
- Use the settings on this page to define the schedule of your Google Shopping feed generation and determine how costs will be processed, among other feed-level settings.
7. Last step! Preview and Activate your feed.
- Enter your email address to receive a full file preview of your feed. This may take some time depending on the number of products in your feed.
- Review your feed and make sure the data included has been transformed the way you want it to be, and according to Google’s requirements. If anything needs to be changed, return to the Merchandiser page to make adjustments. Send the preview to yourself again, review, and repeat as needed.
- Once you are satisfied with your feed, return to the Summary page and click Activate . This will send your feed to Google.
Back to top