During or prior to your eBay implementation, your ChannelAdvisor contact may ask to review some detailed information about your existing eBay listings in order to identify a launch strategy that meets your requirements. You can provide this information by downloading a File Exchange export of your active listings from eBay.
Your ChannelAdvisor contact may use this file to see what data could be retrieved from eBay to accelerate your launch, and/or to determine whether it will be necessary to withdraw the listings when you go live on ChannelAdvisor.
Tasks to Complete
Please complete the following steps to download the data from eBay:
- Sign up for File Exchange here if you have not already done so. This service is free.
- Once you are signed up, go to the File Exchange page – available under Seller Tools – and click Download Files:
- a) Create a download request:
- b) If you currently have variation listings on eBay, create a second (slightly different) download request:
- Receive your success message with your reference #:
- Check your email for the file, or go to the Completed Downloadssection to retrieve your file:
- The resulting file should contain the following fields:
Product ID Type
Product ID Value 1
Product ID Value 2
Category Leaf Name
Product Reference ID